Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

How good are you at Tetris?

http://www.state.nj.us/lottery/

The New Jersey Lottery adopted Tetris as their new game. You can pick up tickets at stores to play a game. You can win $10,000!! I don't know about you guys, but I regularly hit levels in the double-digits, and my record is almost 500 lines.

/me goes to the gas station.

*wishes he lived in New Jersey*

On good ol' Game Boy tetris I can make level 15 on average, starting from 0.

I have a Radio Shack "Stack Challenge" (basically just a hand-held LCD game that plays Tetris, nothing else) and I managed to max out the score last summer.

I've made it to level 20+ on the GB tetrises.

My highest score was something north of 500k.

I'd have to put myself back into "the zone" to repeat that achievement tho. :/

pilottobombadier said:

I only have tetris worlds, and its score is in lines :( So I couldn't tell you. Plus the game makes you rush, which pisses me off.

Tetris Worlds was an overall sucky game. Heh, we were having this discussion last night about games being more complex than they had to be. If everything about the Tetris design is simple, putting complicated shit in there is only going to take away from it. People will buy the game and wonder which button to press just so they can play REGULAR TETRIS.

Plus multiplayer was borked. What a turd.

Numbermind said:

Tetris Worlds was an overall sucky game. Heh, we were having this discussion last night about games being more complex than they had to be. If everything about the Tetris design is simple, putting complicated shit in there is only going to take away from it. People will buy the game and wonder which button to press just so they can play REGULAR TETRIS.

Plus multiplayer was borked. What a turd.

Actually, the MP was pretty cool, imo - the only time the time limit was worth anything, really. I never bothered with the other special modes except for square, which was kind of interesting. Buuuuut...in the end, I just went back to Morrowind :P

I figured out that this little game is quite decieving. Check this line out off their website after you go to play the game with your tickets: "This game is an entertaining way to discover if you are holding a winning ticket. Your chances of winning are not affected by your performance in the game.

As you play, the points you score by forming complete horizontal lines activate the Lottery Blocks on the right of the screen. As points are scored, the Lottery Blocks move up through the Lottery tube until a block is pushed completely out and its color is randomly revealed. The block is then placed into its corresponding Lottery Prize Tetrimino. There are a total of 15 lottery blocks to be obtained per ticket. Get the first 14 blocks by completing horizontal lines. The 15th and final block will be released and revealed after the first 14 blocks have already been obtained and the game ends.

Obtain 4 lottery blocks of the same color to win the corresponding prize. Present your TetrisĀ® tickets to any New Jersey Lottery Retailer for validation and prize payment."

I knew it was too good to be true

@Ralphis

Shit, I was gonna play today, too.
Well, fuck it-- I just got charged to play Tetris, and I'm gonna play, damnit.