Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Butcher

Question about DETH

Before I start I whould like to say a few things. on AIM I talk to a person named Cyberdemon O chaos.And I ask him,"if doom werent so old i could talk to great editors like Tim Willots"The maker of my fav episode and the best editor out there in my opinion i must add.And I also ask him "If Doom were not to old I could get some much needed help from the masters."he replied "Want doom masters?DoomWorld.com the best of the best by far."So I went here with alot of questions and I don't mean to bother you'z.Im not an amature at boards Ive been on them for about 7 years,so I know that these types of post will get me flamed,;please folks spare me here.

well to da point already!

Well I here Deth allows frendly units as monsters,this is perfect for the wad im making,and im just wondering if there is a Deth for windows,I lied about not having MSDOS but thats just so I don't have to use it.Im reading a book on MSDOS so I can use Dehacked and such
and so I don't have to bother you guys with my noob questions anymore.

Help is greatly appreciated from a very dedicated Doom editor
Thanks in advance.

The_Butcher

Sorry, there is not a windows port of DETH(something I really want too...), but there is a windows port of ZETH in the making(but ZETH is zdoom only...). Someone should REALLY port DETH to Windows, that would pwn so much that I would personally go the the house of the person who made it and hug him.

(ok maybe not really, but still, someone really needs to make a windows port of that wonderful editor.)

Butcher said:

Well I here Deth allows frendly units as monsters [...] and im just wondering if there is a Deth for windows

No and no. There's a WinZETH, but I don't know if it can make Doom format maps.

boris said:

No and no. There's a WinZETH, but I don't know if it can make Doom format maps.

But someone already told me that it supports spcific freindly units.I guess there is only one way to really find out and that is to try it myself

btw,anyone know where I can find WinZeth?

Butcher said:

I know that these types of post will get me flamed,;please folks spare me here.

You won't get flamed for asking reasonable questions (or if you do, then the forum staff will take appropriate measures against the flamers).

But please, if you start a thread, give it a title that reflects its content (e.g. "Question about DETH" in this case). This will be a great help to everyone. TIA.

It's not Deth that makes the friendly AI. It's the source port you run your map with.

Either way. You're better off using Doombuilder than Deth. I used to use Deth and I've tried out Doombuilder and it's very good.

CodeImp said:

If editors had AI... heh, Give it a try. :)

OMG!!!!Thank you so damned much!!!!!1!!
I can create wads so much faster and there is a 3d mode to check if your textures are right!!yessss!! again thank you vedy mooch!

Speaking of DB, are you ever going to do anything about its laggy script editor for ACS? When people running p4s complain about tremendous lag when typing "heh", then you have an issue. I tried diabling syntax highlighting, not help at all. Its the worst when writing something like a hudmessage because you are typing something that long...

[EDIT] I forgot to say that I still want a WinDETH very badly :P (seriously, could someone do that?!)

MasterOFDeath said:

Speaking of DB, are you ever going to do anything about its laggy script editor for ACS? When people running p4s complain about tremendous lag when typing "heh", then you have an issue. I tried diabling syntax highlighting, not help at all. Its the worst when writing something like a hudmessage because you are typing something that long...

No issues found. Works fine when I type "heh" and works just as good when typing in a big script.