Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zro

ZDoom hubs / TC's?

Can anyone recommend any good hubs or tc's made for zdoom?
Also is there any WAD's that have somekind of story by using scripts?
(Just played teitenga.wad)

Hubs & Multi-level:

Herian2 by Ian Wilson -- herian2.wad
EarthZD by Roger Ritenour -- earthzd.wad
Hell Factory by Tomi Rajala -- hellfact.wad
Trust by Tommy Quick -- TQTrust.wad

Single-levels:

Runaway Train by Nigel Rowand -- NJTrain.wad
Thief by Nigel Rowand -- NJThief1.wad
KZDooM7 by Kurt Kesler -- kzdoom7.wad
Reactor P218-F by Peter Runge -- reacp218.wad

Go here for a list of other ZDooM-specific wads and download links.

There are plenty more. Trawl through the Ports directory of cdrom.com to find them.

Rex is beiing very modest. He negelcted to mention his own Zdoom specific, heavily scripted hubs (although some can be found on the site he linked to). I particularly like Paranoia and Temple of the Ancients

go to

http://telluros.50megs.com/index.html

for his site, although the file links are to cdrom.com, which I think is still down ATM, but you can check out the screenies etc.

or

http://darkesthour.doomcenter.com/

for his excellent "Darkest Hour" Star Wars TC

And the NJ levels he mentioned can be found on my site

http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/

Right, lets hope I typed those codes OK.

Yeah, Rex your Hubs are cool, I'm not sure about parts from past levels, but you do a really good job of putting it all together, Temple of the ancients was amaizing, I loved the foggy level. I'm looking forward to this Starwars one, that's gonna be something, oh, how do you extract stuff from Dark forces, I've always wanted to get graphix and sounds from that.

TqTrust was really good, it actually felt like ha;f life too, and that's impressive :-D.

EarthZdoom is okay, but I don't like it when people put the hardest monsters on the early levels of a game, maybe if it's just a one level thing, but not anything more than a few levels, and the lack of ammo didn't helpm, although I was impressed by the effects.

Titenge is great, i love it at the start how the author sets the scene with no monsters, you start to think that beast is gonna sneak up and ambush, so, yeah, that's always good, andf when monsters are introduced there aren't too many of them and they aren't like 30 cacos :-D (He couild have easily made it so you were ambusahed by 2 barns instead of imps, but it was cool that he didn't).

Urm, yeah, the others I'd like to get hold of, I do really like them, and i'd like to see a 50 level TC or something (that could be possible with Zdoom, and you wouldn't have to stick with Map01, etc..., you could have DVL001 or something like that, that's cool).

I do look forwatd to Zd3k, that lookks cool (I saw a vid, which did look nice, great intro to the thing :-D).

how do you extract stuff from Dark forces, I've always wanted to get graphix and sounds from that

There's a utility known as CAGE, which you can use to extract the resources from Fark Forces. Then you can use BMPDF to convert DF graphics into bitmap format, and Paint Shop or even MS Paint to bring the graphics into the DooM pallette.

Hay, Enjay, that TC thing looks f**kin amaizing, wow, I'm so impressed, will the whole thing be available with all levels and stuff anytime soon? Although, it looks very big, and it would take a couple of decades to download using my poor 56k modem :-D, but, yeah, I'm very interested in this, and the enemies look cool too (even though they were ripped from other games, but I like it when that happens, although it can be boring if it's the monsters with no modifications, but these aren't, so, that's cool). I like the british thing, that's cool and the city levels look really good (actually, all the levels look really good). I've also downloaded your two levels on your site, amd i'll tell you my opinion on them later :-D.

Well, thank you kindly for the comments, however, (quoting from my site)

"Unfortunately, many of the resources (and some levels) collated for the project are copyright to other people. I respect that and will not release the project as a public concern."

You are right, it is huge, the full installed version is just shy of 400MB (including music and intro video).

However, it will stay on my drive and the drives of the 3 friends who have played it. I only ever intended it to be a small project for them, but as Adam said to Eve, "Damn, that got bigger than I expected".

Sorry.

"Damn, that got bigger than I expected".

Snicker, snicker.... Ahem!
/ReX wanders off nonchalantly, hoping his juvenile behavior went unnoticed.

rex- didnt u hear? ftp.cdrom.com doesnt have the doom stuff nemore. 3darchives.in-span.net does do Doom, so does http://ftp.ru.xemacs.org/pub/games/doom/

rex- didnt u hear? ftp.cdrom.com doesnt have the doom stuff nemore. 3darchives.in-span.net does do Doom, so does http://ftp.ru.xemacs.org/pub/games/doom/

You're right. However, at the time of my original post (Sept. 26) Digital River hadn't yet announced they were dumping the idgames archives. Hence the link to cdrom.com. Still, thanks for pointing that out.