Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathbringer

The Getaway 2

Anybody got this yet? If you hated the first one (like me) you might be a bit pessimistic, but they have made some genuine improvements, the aiming system is WAY better (your guy also doesnt shoot in the air if he isnt facing the enemy thats attacking him, heh), though for some shots the good old manual aim still helps. Also you have audio cues as well as visual ones when your health and ammo are low, which are a MAJOR help, considering the lack of icons. Generally its your character saying something like "Shit, almost out" and "I cant take much more of this!". Also there are now medikits placed strategically around levels for health, though the resting system remains (but only recovers minor injuries now). Also the driving system has had a decent overhaul, while it doesnt have the hollywood-like fun quality of GTA, you can actually steer this time, there are also more small streets to get lost in now, the map is no bigger than it was before, just 'deeper'. The final good thing is they have removed all the dodgy Daewoo's and Lexuses, and put in cars that you actually see in britian, much more Citroens (Including the BX!), Renaults and Vauxhalls. As well as the Smart Roadster (one of my favorite cars!), the gigantic Maybach and the awesome Mitsubishi Evo. The motorbikes dont make too much of an impact, and arent as much of a revelation as you might think, also the AI of the police bikers "on patrol" is horrible, they are always falling off (but that means you can swipe thier bikes), also the Vespa (Faggio in GTA) makes an appearance, its good for a laugh. There is also a Penny Farthing (ridiculous victorian bicycle) hidden away somewhere, which was hilarious to ride. Speaking of which, Free-roaming mode is now open from the start, which is great, and there is a london cab mode ("sorry mate, dont go south of the river"), chase and race modes too (not tried those yet). I guess the only complains are there isnt enough off-roading, (hyde park's forests are impenetrable, restricting you to the narrow tracks), and no Fords either! (i want my Capri!), but because they insisted on licensed cars i guess they are at the mercy of the manufacturers.

The Getaway 2 is out now?!?

Anyway, I hated the first one.Brought back bad memories of Stuntman, but Im glad to hear those improvements theyre making.

Heh, its not as good as San andreas obviously, i'm just enjoying trashing cars i've actually heard of, shame they didnt decide to add in Fords with faked names, like they do to everything in GTA

Getaway was fucking dreadful. I couldn't even beat the final level using cheats. So I finally told the piece of shit to pike off, sold it to some poor bastard for $40.00 and bought a killer bag of marijuana. SanAndreas is the shit.