Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lumper

Is there a way to uncap the tic to get more than 60 fps?

hi everyone, i read many articles about the game being locked at 60 fps for the game tic and to prevent the same frames from being rendered over and over etc.. so it is capped, my question is where is it capped ? i cant find any settings that appear to control it in the cfg and id like to see what it looks like uncapped.

at anything but ultra settings im getting a locked 60 fps anyway i thought it would be neat to see what it looked like higher.
the time demo allows you to see and render a higher fps than 60 so it is obviously a setting in there somewhere.
any ideas?

It's not a configuration setting that you can change by altering a text file somewhere. It's coded nito the game.

lumper said:

at anything but ultra settings im getting a locked 60 fps anyway i thought it would be neat to see what it looked like higher.

At a risk of getting into the age-old framerate debate again... with the naked eye you really can't notice a difference going higher than 60fps.

well actualy, lol it has been proven that the lack of blur visoon in games makes it so that 72 is about all you need, somthing about the cones in your eyes.
but nonetheless, regardless of what statistics say,a game running at 60 fps vs one runnign at 80 or 100 doesnt look as good, and in the case of d3 or q3 you are only running the same frames over again by increasing the fps so there isnt a benefit, in counterstriks however the difference between 60 fps and 100 has a noticeable difference.

also if your max fps is higher, then your dips may not proportionalty differ but the lows will be still very high or even above 60 ensuring you dont hit those 13 to 20 fps moments.

either way i have always found it interesting to mess with the fps and experiment.
being that it is coded into the game in this case means ill just live with it and enjoy it.