Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Deus Vult -nomonsters demos, map01 UV-Max

It's been a while since I last made demos, but I did some for Deus Vult. First off, a set of -nomonsters demos. Map03 and Map04 are a little slow due to parts where you have to wait for walls or whatever to lower enough to pass through. Map01 and Map02 however were very quick and snappy to record.

Secondly, I did a UV-Max for Map01 with a time of 25:09. Faster than the other UV-Maxes for this level (which I thought were very good). Some close calls at a few points near the end. Otherwise I'm finally happy to have gotten a first exit here. Just need to do some txt files and they'll be sent off later on today.

Doom Marine said:

yea map03 and 04 isn't well-suited to speedrunning =(

Yeah, but I've done demos for levels which are even less suited to speedrunning. (HR2 Map09 -nomonsters, I'm looking at you!).

On another note, the demos have been sent. Should be up later today.

Looking forward to seeing this Anima! Should be killer as usual.

Also, when is someone going to redo map02? That demo that I included in the DV pack is horrid... :) 43 minutes!

ragnew said:

Also, when is someone going to redo map02? That demo that I included in the DV pack is horrid... :) 43 minutes!

Does my sub-10 UVspeed count :D
Seriously speaking tho, from now on, recordings should be done in PrBoom, since ZDoom allows some dirty tricks that shouldn't have been in the original doom, take jumping over the heads of enemies or torches, for instance... but yeah, I'll take on the un-optimized maps sooner or later (meaning the un-stxViled levels :)