Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lüt

What are your favorite crate maps?

Searching extensively for... uh, "inspiration" and finding little, I'm curious to what everybody's favorite crate maps or maps with crate scenes/shipping & receiving areas are. Containment Area of course... and then what?

Perhaps PoNR. Admittedly, though, I've seen other maps by other authors that incorporate crates and receiving areas.

I can't really think of anyone in particular so I'll just be totally nonmodest and say Nimrod Map07 :p Cause there's a sweet little script there with a crane that lets you pick up a crate and drop it. and if you pick it up just a bit and drops it you can do it over and over. But if you lift it up real high and drops it you'll break it and it'll explode. But that's just one of them. There's alot of crates you need to shoot on to destroy. I just wish in retrospect that I had made more suck events for the crates. Like crushers and whatever.

Does Fragport's MAP14 count? Or was it MAP15? It has a warehouse filled with crates in the beginning, then there's a train station, and there's also some small buildings on the side... Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Lizardcommando: Yes, I know the one, it's MAP15.

I also liked Equinox's Map07, Containment Area, any part of Darkening 2 with crates in it, and Doom's E2M2. I think Titan Map01 had a good cratemaze too, and the ones in Galaxia were decent.

One that I did not like, however, was the one by Enjay in ZDoom Community Map 1, because the map did not help at all.

Lizardcommando said:

Does Fragport's MAP14 count? Or was it MAP15? It has a warehouse filled with crates in the beginning, then there's a train station, and there's also some small buildings on the side... Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

it was map15

E2M2 and everything I've made. Seriously, I seem to always put crates in just about anything. Holy shit, I'm lost in Hell and demons are everywhere...WTF are those crates?

But seriosuly, I can't think of any Doom maps with extensive crate use besides UAC_Dead and that old one that had the really odd storyline and like 100 spider masterminds. Can't remember what it's called. (EDIT: Oh yeah, Galaxia) There were a ton of Quake 2 levels that I really loved that had lots of crates (one series called Old Abandonned Warehouse or something was a particular favorite), but that's not what you're looking for at all.

kristus said:

I can't really think of anyone in particular so I'll just be totally nonmodest and say Nimrod Map07 :p Cause there's a sweet little script there with a crane that lets you pick up a crate and drop it. and if you pick it up just a bit and drops it you can do it over and over. But if you lift it up real high and drops it you'll break it and it'll explode. But that's just one of them. There's alot of crates you need to shoot on to destroy. I just wish in retrospect that I had made more suck events for the crates. Like crushers and whatever.

Heh, I remember that map.

kristus said:

Oh that script is so awesome, whoever wrote that is genius.