Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

Vote for Half-Life 2 as game of the year

Go here to vote on games for the upcoming SpikeTV 2004 Video Game awards.

http://www.spiketv.com/events/vga2004/vga2004_loader.jhtml

Please. Do the right thing and vote for Half-Life 2 as game of the year. Also vote for it in Best First-Person Action game, and best new technology, and best PC game. It deserves it, and you all know it.

If you don't agree, then whatever- just vote for something! But if you have a brain you'll vote Half-Life 2 as game of the year at least.

I haven't played HL2 yet but I have played CS Source and the engine didn't really amaze me all that much. When I try out HL2, I'll see if I agree with you that it should be GOTY.

BBG said:

I haven't played HL2 yet but I have played CS Source and the engine didn't really amaze me all that much. When I try out HL2, I'll see if I agree with you that it should be GOTY.

Definitely. Wait till you play HL2, as even in the reviews they say CS:S doesn't use all of the cool stuff that HL2 has to offer but gives the game a much-needed facelift.

Given that I didn't like the first all that well, I don't see any point in voting for the 2nd which I don't plan on playing until it's in the bargain bins anyways. And also given the numerous problems I've heard happpening with Steam, I just can't vote for it.

But that's just me :)

Nick Perrin said:

Also vote for it in Best First-Person Action game, ... It deserves it, and you all know it.

No, Doom2 is still the winner in that category.

i bet halos gonna win cuz there seems to be a lot more folks out there who only play console

Sadly. Probably true. Although there's a few people I know who were disappointed in HALO 2, said it was either not as good as #1 or only a little bit better and too short.

On the other hand, one of my friends just got HL2 and sent me an e-mail saying how damn good it is.

DJ_Haruko said:

And also given the numerous problems I've heard happpening with Steam, I just can't vote for it.

But that's just me :)

...And the rest of the world. Steam sucks.

Added: This thing is a joke. How can all these games be on there, they've all been released just recently. And why isn't Doom3 or MP2 listed, those are better than any game to choose from maybe with the exception of GTA:SA. Whatever, it's not like I'm watching this thing anyway. =P

doom3 is better looking. HL2 still looks good and may apeal to more people.
Halo2 was also good. Currently playing HL2.
so far doom3 seemed to have the longest play. however it requires more system than the others. HL2 runs great for me, but doesnt have as much cool stuff like doom3. don't let that fool you, it still looks extreamly good and it is very fun to play.

as far as game of the year? i dont know, but it will most likly go to either GTS:SA, halo2 or HL2. most likely HL2 or halo 2. after all they have been the most hyped.

Heh, I didn't notice I've been playign so many new games this year (albiet snippets of them). I've played Burnout 3, Doom 3, Halo 2, and GTA: San Andreas. I've also had the opportunity to see extensive bits of gameplay from Dawn of War, City of Heroes, and World of Warcraft.

Grazza said:

No it didn't.

ROFL

You can't be serious.

I would bet Halo 2 will win, because this is such a "big, popular" awards show -- the type of thing that console only/Halo fanboys (and there are MILLIONS of them out there) would actually care to watch.

They will come out in masses, and vote their extremely short, horrible looking (when it compared to modern pc games), embarassingly cheesy game -- that MIGHT win based soley on its multiplayer (which is n00b heaven -- all projectile weapons have really effective seeking qualities, there are awful vehicles, etc, etc, etc, etc).

Blah blah blah, etc

uh

Who really give a flying fuck about these awards and award shows anyway? They mean nothing.

"Game of the year" and "Best new technology" don't even have Doom3 as an option. How dumb. Halo2 (and to some extend HL2) is in almost every category, of course.

I'm surprised that most people are considering Halo 2 to have a bigger fanbase than Half-Life 2 when the latter has a much bigger hook: Counter-Strike Source. Right now Half Life 1 has about 47,000 more people playing than Halo for the PC (I have no idea about Xbox player stats), and considering Half Life 2 is a PC game, I'd imagine more people would go vote since most consider people who play Halo 2 to be new at games and only have an Xbox, not a PC.

I imagine Counter-Strike fanboys will push Half-Life 2 to victory.

Grazza said about Ultimate Doom having better level design than Doom2:
No it didn't.

Riiiiiiiiiiight....Doom2 had a couple levels that had some nice design but the vasty majority of the game felt pretty half assed to me...Personally I felt Doom/Ultimate Doom had far better level design (E1, some of E2, most of E4).

DJ_Haruko said:

Given that I didn't like the first all that well, I don't see any point in voting for the 2nd which I don't plan on playing until it's in the bargain bins anyways. And also given the numerous problems I've heard happpening with Steam, I just can't vote for it.

Last night I downloaded Steam and ordered HL 2 Bronze. It was downloading all night. I was playing HL 2 this morning. It rocks, and I had no problems with Steam.

I think most of the problems with people using Steam come from people with PCs screwed over with spyware/malware allready. Oh well.

I wouldn't say it's better or worse than Doom 3 so far. They're both good games in their own right, both going for a different level of immersion and gameplay.

Back to playing it. :P

Can you explain what other killer game with a massive following and red-hot hype is scheduled to release in the next 43 days?

Numbermind said:

Can you explain what other killer game with a massive following and red-hot hype is scheduled to release in the next 43 days?

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II