Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
davinci

cant get wad to run

Hey was wonmdering if anyone on this board can help with a question since im at my wits end. I made a small one room map with wad author and it contains a start point and a SS trooper, it runs fine on doom2 on the pc but when i try to run it on doom4ce on my pocket pc (ipaq) it begins to load and then quits out to the today screen. Anyone know why this happens? PLEASE HELP i cant figure this out for the life of me.

Its a port of doom for the pocket pc, a pocket pc is a little computer that can do many things and is very small. Now someone ported doom and you can play it on there.

I guess that port is not 100% perfect.

Quote from this website
http://www.jimmysoftware.com/Software/Doom4CE/

"This version supports all wad versions from ID Software as well as supporting custom wad files. (If you find some incompatibility, please let me know)"

You should email the creator about your problem here:
dum@jimmy.com (Jirapong Chalerntim)

Is that a problem that doom4ce has? it only recognizes 2 or more rooms?

Technically a node builder issue - DOOM just "happens" to work.

Just try it and see.

Nah it didnt work, thanks anyway. I talked some people on a pocket pc message board and was told that doom4ce basically sucks when it comes to custom wads and jimmy never bothered to fix they issue.

Its a port of doom for the pocket pc, a pocket pc is a little computer that can do many things and is very small. Now someone ported doom and you can play it on there.

Do you mean a laptop?

Do you mean a laptop?

...so was it comfortable living in a cave for the past 3 years

Nah it didnt work

Do you have a copy of any PWAD that runs on this thing? If so could you send it to me?

I have a feeling it has to do with byte ordering for the pointers. The ATARI version I worked with (for example) has the pointers in a different format suited for that processor.

If that's the case, it would be fairly easy to fix that problem by writing a little convertor. I can tell if I see a PWAD that works.