Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaniJ

More stuffage for jDRP 1.1

Man, that looks totally killer. How many polys is that? That's rad though; I can't wait for the new release.

I think it'd almost be best to just forego all the "glowy eyes" bit. It may be more effective just leaving them hollow.

I totally agree on the glowing green eyes. I've only added a slight hint of green to give it more of a focal point.

It's 298 polys at LOD 0. Since I managed to save quite a lot of polys on his bony frame I thought I'd splash a few on the head and armor.

That's what I suggested the green for. I was thinking about it having some sort of focal point. But I guees a little tad is all it needs.:) I just liked the Revenant's eyes in D3. Made it easiuer to see in the dark.:p
Still, this looks sweet. Carry on.

Shouldn't this be in the classic doom wads & mods? Anyways, yeah that revenant head looks killer, I don't mind the green, just looks like he's got a little mold and rotten flesh in there. Look at a real skull that's been sitting around for a while, they get pretty dirty. Can't wait to see the rest of the revenant, this new resource pack is shaping up to be truly awesome. I just hope it doesn't slow the game down too much.

It's for jdoom. I'm pretty sure it stands for Jdoom resource pack... New 3d models and the like.

These look simply amazing. I've always been curious, how detailed do these look in the actual game environment? Do they look as crisp and detailed as this?

Holy assrape, that's nigh-flawless.

Good show, Dani. This is wonderful work.

And yes, the JDRP is the one-man JDOOM project to replace all the sprites within the Doom games with quality models and special effects. Basically it makes the games more modern without sacrificing too much of the originality.

The previous models I've seen have looked really nice in-game, so I can't wait to see what these new babies are going to look like. >:D

Scuba Steve said:

I've always been curious, how detailed do these look in the actual game environment? Do they look as crisp and detailed as this?

That's yer in game model right there, There was a pic of them line dancing in tricks and traps recently. Although there's no reason really why they can't be that detailed, its just a matter of having a good skin.

Yeah I'm a bit undecided about the nose. Now that you mention it he might look better without. I'll see what it looks like...

Heres the SoulCube:

Shown at LOD 0

These look simply amazing. I've always been curious, how detailed do these look in the actual game environment? Do they look as crisp and detailed as this?

Mipmapping does it's best to ruin things but on a decent card, at an average resolution, all the detail is vissible from about 10-15 feet. Mind 80% of the time you don't notice it consciously.

The Soulcube and the Revenant both look excellent but I think the nose of the Imp is a little too flat.

Azriel said:

but I think the nose of the Imp is a little too flat.

News flash: The Imp never had a nose to begin with. :P

They look awesome in the least. I especially like the anatomy of Revenant's skull. Great job.

Heres a WIP of the DBShotty in-game:

I'm gonna do some new fullscreen HUD icons as well for 1.1 btw.