Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaniJ

More stuffage for jDRP 1.1

I agree, the new double barrel shotty looks fantastic. Pretty much like the old one, except fancy and 3d. Do you have the reload animations done yet, or is it just the basic model?

Yep it's all done, all that needs doing is finalising the skin. It has been fully animated with new raise/lower/idle/firing animations.

Pretty much everything in the pack now very closely resembles the original sprites (bar the majority of the monsters, they will done in ver 1.2) this was of huge importance, to restore peoples "faith" in the models.

I'm recreating everything as close as possible to the original sprites but adding in some modern flare. For instance the rocket explosion looks similar to the sprite but is made from textured particles, another example being the extra animations in the HUD weapons.

Yes new animations.
EG rather than being simply lowered/raised off screen when changing weapon - there are new readying and holstering animations for each weapon.

I'm also experimenting with stuff like wind down on the chaingun firing animation.

Here's a wip of the Lost Soul, minus the in-game particle flames n stuff. Enjoy:

Horns could be a bit pointier or so, but other than that, it's the usual wonderful work.

The flame colors on that skin will make it look a lot more plausible as we..

Dani, you are doing the REAL DooM 3.....

That DShotgun is EXACTLY like the sprite.

But The Gun in doom is (to me) the single shotgun, and the reload animation. Can you please show us how is?

I really love to see a exact replica of that weapon.

You are the man!

It's past the friggen holidays hurry up and finish this modeol pack please

I cant believe I never moved this before.

Nice stuff by the way. Im amazed you can get such detail with so few polys. Good work.

Relica Religia said:

You've never been popular around here. Don't make it worse.

I don't care if I'm popular or not. I just can't wait for these models to finish.

Holy crap! Fucking sweet. I never noticed this thread before. Actually I kind of liked the imp with the nose, but whatever. And are you going to change the zombies eyes back to red, cause they were white in the JDRP. Didn't know if you noticed that or not.

toxicfluff said:

Looks really great, Danij. I vote no green however - I thought it looked a bit silly in Doom3, myself.

seconded

Caco-Puff said:

You could try looking at the JDRP website.

I usually do, I assumed that it was abondened. Was this project abondoned?

Relica Religia said:

You've never been popular around here. Don't make it worse.

Hmm, popularity is not something I really want. If I wanted popularity, I'd be strutting around the forums acting even more of a smartass then I am here.

No the project is definetly not dead. Work continues but at a rather slow pace due to other commitments (notably Real Life and Doomsday 1.9.0).

Heres a shot of the WIP Floating Skulls. Note it looks much better in-game, animated and bobing up and down with shiny, animated skins etc etc.

DaniJ said:

Heres a shot of the WIP Floating Skulls. Note it looks much better in-game, animated and bobing up and down with shiny, animated skins etc etc.

You are a great graphics artist.

Greetings.

These 3D figures are so awesome!!! This should be Doom3! This is some amazing things I have ever seen put into JDoom. I can't wait till it's all done! Excellent work!

-Alando1

DaniJ said:

No the project is definetly not dead. Work continues but at a rather slow pace due to other commitments (notably Real Life and Doomsday 1.9.0).

Makes sense :) Any guesses on the possible release date?