Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[D3HoE]Makaveli

Doom 3 Hell On Earth Pain Elemental

It's...it's...*sniff*...beautiful.

(a brief suggestion: since the lost soul is part technology, perhaps the PE should be somewhat mechanized)

*nevermind that...I just remembered that your recreation of the lost soul is an improved version of the original

Looks awesome overall. The only reservation I have about it is that with the two horns/spikes at the top, the eyesockets in the middle look kinda like a pigsnout. In fact, I can no longer avoid seeing the top/middle section as a large eyeless pig face. Skinning may well rectify this for me, of course.

Dammitt toxicfluff, why'd you have to say that? I probably wouldn't have noticed the piggy similarity otherwise. I'm sure once it's skinned the top face will look fine. Other than that, it's pretty damn awesome. Looks great, I like the doom-64 ish dual soul launchers. Are you guys going to be remaking the lost souls to make them into skulls again? I hope so, because it would look a little odd seeing this guy firing mechanical lost souls. So yeah, great model, this mod is looking to kick some pretty major ass.

It's gorgeous, that's about all I can say. I'm sure this is going to be an amazing mod once released.

Man, that's fucking rad. It's amazing how fast you guys are pumping out these models.

This PE has an almost Giger-esque look to it - and that tickles my fancy to no end.

Looks great! Reminds me a bit of the Doom64 Caco and Duke´s Octabrain.

The only thing I don´t like is that little human skull there, it looks too "decorated", if you know what I mean...

Bravi! I can't find one problem with this model, it kicks the shit out of the doom2 PE any day.

So do they still spit out lost souls and do they have any close or long range attacks for themselves?

I think it look just sick. but I agree about the skull being too decorative. those dual gaping mouths are just pure evil. SicK! i love it. :)

It looks better than I could have imagined, good fucking work.!

Oh and dammit Maka, i'm not anal =(

I think the bottom skull is one of the coolest features, like it used to be a person, but it was twisted in the fires of hell to become what it is now. Or something like that...

So he spits 64 lost souls at once then huh? I think that's a crapload of souls, but whatever.

Jello said:

So he spits 64 lost souls at once then huh? I think that's a crapload of souls, but whatever.

No, he said Doom 64, the Doom port for the Nintendo 64. Our Pain Elemental is going to shoot 2 lost souls at a time.

[D3HoE]Makaveli said:
No, he said Doom 64, the Doom port for the Nintendo 64. Our Pain Elemental is going to shoot 2 lost souls at a time.

That rules.I never really liked the original Pain Elemental, but the one in Doom 64 was one of my favorite monsters.

Jello said:

I think the bottom skull is one of the coolest features, like it used to be a person, but it was twisted in the fires of hell to become what it is now. Or something like that...

IMO it actually does not look like that, because the skull is too small compared to the body mass. So it looks like an attached decoration.

Well, looking at the size of the mouths/spawners, it looks like the skull in the middle is going to be about the size of the lost soul skulls that it spits out. Therefore, the skull in the middle is the right size, and I still think it looks cool.

Badass model, very nice work!

2 mouths equal two times the carnage and frustration with lost souls.

I'm not sure if this has been answered, but I previously asked if you'd be redoing the lost souls back to their old skully selfs. I'm just curious, because if you aren't, you should probably add some mechanical stuff to the pain elemental. But yeah, the two mouths is a great idea, turns a minor irritation into a serious one.

Just turn on notarget, and spawn one. Or look at it in a modeling program or something. On the left side of the head there's a giant metal circular dealy, and on the back there's plenty of metal stuff, which I assume generates the flames it uses to propel itself. Also, it's teeth appear to be metal. I can't find any decent pictures on google, but it's there.