Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[D3HoE]Makaveli

Doom 3 Hell On Earth Pain Elemental

[D3HoE]Makaveli said:
I don't ever remember seeing any metal on the Lost Souls? Screenshots?

I don't have any screenshots, but their teeth appear to be strictly metal, and their jaw is connected to the upper skull with mechanics, also they have an engine of somesort in the back of their head that propels them in the air by creating the jet flame.

Jello said:

I'm not sure if this has been answered, but I previously asked if you'd be redoing the lost souls back to their old skully selfs. I'm just curious, because if you aren't, you should probably add some mechanical stuff to the pain elemental. But yeah, the two mouths is a great idea, turns a minor irritation into a serious one.

And what if the PE simply teleports lost souls into its mouth and them spits them out?

You must remember that the Doom 3 demons (and I would guess the classic Doom demons too) are physical manifestations - the mechanical demons aren't "built" like that, they're most likely spawned. Just like the Hellified areas of the Mars base weren't built with disgusting, slimy fleshy parts.

So as far as I'm concerned, the PE doesn't need no friggin' mechanical parts to spawn D3 lost souls.

Why couldn't iD just have done this kind of thing?

Very nice. Keep up the good work guys.

As for the metal thing... I didn't like how they did the metal thing. I would have liked to have seen the Pinky Demon and especially the Lost Souls, all biological and not mechanical.

Are you guys going to make the Arachnotron too? Maybe even include the special IMP from Doom 64?

I thought I noticed a plasma cannon on the Spider Mastermind as well. But didn't it have a railgun? I could have sworn that the Arachnotron was the one with the plasma cannon and the Mastermind had the railgun.

I'm also curious to know. Wasn't the Spectre a partially invisible version of the Pinky Demon? Just wondering. The Spectre you've got looks cool and I can't wait to see what the model will look like.

Final question though, is there an estimated time as to when this mod might come out? Or is HoE's policy going to be "When it's done"

Are you guys going to make the Arachnotron too? Maybe even include the special IMP from Doom 64?

So far the Arachnotron and new imp is undecided.

I thought I noticed a plasma cannon on the Spider Mastermind as well. But didn't it have a railgun? I could have sworn that the Arachnotron was the one with the plasma cannon and the Mastermind had the railgun.

Well, if you take a simple look at our Spider Mastermind, you'll noticed that it doesn't have a bullet weapon. We're thinking of some kind of energy weapon.

I'm also curious to know. Wasn't the Spectre a partially invisible version of the Pinky Demon? Just wondering. The Spectre you've got looks cool and I can't wait to see what the model will look like.

Yes, originally the Spectre was a pallet swapped pinky but we think that'll be a bit boring. We wanted to tackle a whole new concept but we'll still keep the invisibility. We'll just see how this turns out.

Final question though, is there an estimated time as to when this mod might come out? Or is HoE's policy going to be "When it's done"

We have a demo in the works that will be released sometime 2005. Still, When it's Done.

Well hey Makaveli, you guys are doing a great job and I'm already anxious to play it.

Is this mod going to have a lot of maps? Or can this almost be considered it's own seperate Doom 3 game? Bigger than the new expansion? I'm just asking because this seems like a pretty big project.

I think our team mutually agreed to work on one part of the mod and then the other. Right now we're creating models/concepts. We have a few maps done but the mapping department of this mod has been moving slowly but that's simply a matter of the number of mappers we have on the team. We have more artists that mappers and that's why we're searching for them! If you know anyone that's decent then drop us a line!

Ok, thanks again Makaveli for answering my questions. I've been pretty bad at following Doom 3 mods so I'm trying to catch up with this one because it's the most interesting one :)

I hope you guys do as good a job mapping as you do modeling.

Take out the middle skull and add some kind of an eye, otheriwse it looks good, really shows the torment and pain its meant to show, thats why i like the doom64 one, it looked like a pitiful tormented soul taking its pain out on u, great job