Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom2day

Doom guy, insane?

If he isn't insane before going through the infested mars base, hell itself, and a ruined homeworld, he sure would be afterwards.

This is nonsense, if the doomguy was insane then he probably wouldn't be able to handle a gun, much less successfully stop the invasion of phobos, deimos, and earth.

Jacknife said:

This is nonsense, if the doomguy was insane then he probably wouldn't be able to handle a gun, much less successfully stop the invasion of phobos, deimos, and earth.

Nonsense, yes. But, Hell, it's fun :)

There's always been a dominant stereotype in many works of fiction, that the character who's all full of muscle has a very low & unstable IQ level, and that the character who's all skinny/fat and lacking muscles is an extreme brainer....
For example, look at the goons from Ninja Turtles: compare the likes of Rocksteady & Beebop to the likes of Krang and Shredder.
This dominant stereotype is used like everywhere.

But there's no such character to the Doomguy.

He never says a word, just kills demons and makes evil faces when he finds weapons. Look at the handsome way he looks left/right when he has full health. And he knows he's hunting demons. That's a crazy guy for sure, haha.

<-----

gemini09 said:

But there's no such character to the Doomguy.

And he knows he's hunting demons. That's a crazy guy for sure, haha.
<-----

Actually, if you follow the original storyline accurately, he's unwillfully marooned on a planet which became overrun by demonic hordes. He is not the one who is hunting the demons, but rather it's all in reverse: the demons are the ones who are hungry and hunting for the human flesh.
All that our favourite Doom hero is doing throughout the whole game is fighting back in self-denfence while trying to find his way back home to a peaceful & quiet place.
So on the contrary, he is not crazy at all, since he is desperately following the same ordinary human instincts of survival that we would have followed if we were placed in the same situation.

Jello said:

Be that as it may, he still needs to find a bigger gun. That comic was great, and it really does bring out his insane side.

I don't suppose you're REALLY Jello Biafra, eh?

the comic is best...., got a printed version..., its really good... it says clearly that the doomguy is insane...

Ultraviolet said:

I don't suppose you're REALLY Jello Biafra, eh?

Yeah right... I've actually seen JB once. He was doing one of his spoken word tours, and he happened to come to my community college. That was great.