Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

Resurrection of Evil details

Does anyone know about this game's main character as far as his looks go? I was thinking about this a couple of days ago.

Since you don't play as the DOOM 3 marine, in fact, you don't play a marine at all, I wonder what your looks will be like.

You're just a maintenance person, as I recall... could this mean (example) that you'll be wearing an orange uniform with dark yellow "tech" pads/armor (like the chainsaw zombie in DOOM 3)?

That's not to mention the mp aspect of it. I sort of doubt that the mp player model will remain the DOOM 3 marine in this.

Anyone know anything about it for sure?

In FPS, ID was the first. So valve copied an original in the FPS arena. This debate could go on for years, but that is my opinion.

ROE looks to be great. Can't wait to get it. I hope it does lead to a BIG Hell on Earth expansion. :)

Mogul said:

Does anyone know about this game's main character as far as his looks go? I was thinking about this a couple of days ago.

Since you don't play as the DOOM 3 marine, in fact, you don't play a marine at all, I wonder what your looks will be like.

You're just a maintenance person, as I recall... could this mean (example) that you'll be wearing an orange uniform with dark yellow "tech" pads/armor (like the chainsaw zombie in DOOM 3)?

Anyone know anything about it for sure?

According to a recent PC gamer magazine article, you're a combat engineer (I'm not sure what exactly a combat engineer does - can't find it in my dictionaries), but nothing official has been released to show the actual hero character.

However, I saw a leaked magazine scan that showed a lot of people in an underground cavern area (evidently before Hell breaks loose...again - it's evident by people's relaxed attitude in the shot), including scientists and some Z-Sec type guards with a new type of helmet (possibly combat engineers?).

If those guard-types were supposed to be wombat... err combat engineers, then I'd assume that the player character looks similar; Basically shotgun Z-sec guard with a more closed helmet that has a breather (not the same as the machinegun Z-Sec).

sandmanfvr said:

So do you think this will be a prequel and a sequel? Would be nice to see a few things before hell broke loose.

It's a sequel - story details have already been spoiled.

*Spoiler*

It takes place two years after Doom 3 ended and the UAC has covered up the events told of in Doom 3.

sandmanfvr said:

ROE looks to be great. Can't wait to get it. I hope it does lead to a BIG Hell on Earth expansion. :)

I hope they don't close up the story with some "NOW IT IS ALL OVER!" thingie. When they go back and do another expansion or Doom game, and they will, it'll be much easier if they don't have to come up with some reason it all breaks loose again :P

Shaviro said:

I hope they don't close up the story with some "NOW IT IS ALL OVER!" thingie. When they go back and do another expansion or Doom game, and they will, it'll be much easier if they don't have to come up with some reason it all breaks loose again :P

That and it'll be easier for the modding community to come up with good excuses for throwing the player back at the demons.

It'd be great if this expansion ends with you arriving back to see the green fields of Earth after battling through some of Hell, thinking "Ah, now it's over - I'm safe now!" and then you turn to see a severed rabbit head on a stake in front of a burning city and the phrase: "To be continued..." shows up on-screen :-P

dsm said:

It'd be great if this expansion ends with you arriving back to see the green fields of Earth after battling through some of Hell, thinking "Ah, now it's over - I'm safe now!" and then you turn to see a severed rabbit head on a stake in front of a burning city and the phrase: "To be continued..." shows up on-screen :-P

That would indeed be pretty awesome. :)

sandmanfvr said:

I would end the expansion with the invasion of earth and just cut it off. Heh heh

I would end it with an 'It was all a dream!" That, my friends, is how it's done.

Shaviro said:

Unless they do yet another retelling. It'll probably happen once holodecks come along :P.

Also in that PC gamer article, it mentions that the radiation suit helmet and some weapons (looked like the machinegun) have mounted flashlights on them. I wasn't one of those dudes who bashed DooM3 cause of the flashlight deal, but I think it calm some flamers and add a bit of exciting gameplay along with it.
I know guns with flashlights arent new, but with DooM3 lighting system it should be cool along with the rest of what ROE has to offer.

DoooMaster said:

Also in that PC gamer article, it mentions that the radiation suit helmet and some weapons (looked like the machinegun) have mounted flashlights on them. I wasn't one of those dudes who bashed DooM3 cause of the flashlight deal, but I think it calm some flamers and add a bit of exciting gameplay along with it.
I know guns with flashlights arent new, but with DooM3 lighting system it should be cool along with the rest of what ROE has to offer.

Personally, I'm pissed off at the prospect of having flashlight-mounted guns. Fucking whiners that are responsible for this addition >_<

Enviro-suit with flashlight? - That's All right, because you only wear the Enviro-suit a limited amount of time.

Guns with attached flashlights? Sucks big time, because then you'll just use those guns whenever you need light and then there's no more of Doom 3's trademark "I'm-in-a-dark-room-with-only-a-flashlight-readily-at-hand" tense moments.

There are zombies which are wearing the envirosuits-with-flashlights wandering around too...

dsm said:

It takes place two years after Doom 3 ended and the UAC has covered up the events told of in Doom 3.

Heh, I wonder how they pulled that off..."Oh noes! A weather balloon has crashed into the Mars branch of the UAC!"

Anyway, from what dsm said, it sounds like this could possibly be a squad-based game or some incarnation thereof. That'd be kind of interesting, though I'm not how well they would be able to tweak the AI. Of course they could make it easier on themselves and have a scripted event kill of your teammates before they have to do any actions more complex than running and gunning. :P At the very least, I hope they don't compensate for bad AI by making the squad members invincible like the sentinel droids from Doom 3.

Apparently they claim there's been some sort of nuclear accident.

BTW I'm pretty sure I remember the droids being destroyed occassionally.

NiGHTMARE said:

BTW I'm pretty sure I remember the droids being destroyed occassionally.

Hm, I never lost one, so I assumed they were invincible.

Job said:

Hm, I never lost one, so I assumed they were invincible.

They're not.
You gotta be semi-careful ;)

Shaviro said:

They're not.

At least try not to shoot them in the back - otherwise you could easily hang back and let the sentries do all the hard work.

Anyway, from what dsm said, it sounds like this could possibly be a squad-based game or some incarnation thereof.

What makes you think that?

Hint: I'm pretty sure it isn't, judging from what I know, but ain't telling (because I don't want to spoil it for people who don't want a spoiler in their face).

Shaviro said:

They're not.

You're right. I had one destroyed by an Imp in one of the post-Hell levels I believe it was, and it was a pain in the ass to have to go back and re-activate one.

I also wonder what kind of gun they have on them that can fit on such a small machine yet be as powerful or more powerful than some of your higher powered guns. Freaky.

Janderson said:

Are there any droids after Hell?

Dodge said:

You're right. I had one destroyed by an Imp in one of the post-Hell levels I believe it was, and it was a pain in the ass to have to go back and re-activate one.

I think that'd be an affirmative. :P

Dodge said:

I also wonder what kind of gun they have on them that can fit on such a small machine yet be as powerful or more powerful than some of your higher powered guns. Freaky.

That's been bugging my mind too.
Here's a theory - their guns don't have recoil adapters built into them (because they're machines, they can still maintain a firm aim), which reduces their size at least a bit - however, I don't think recoil adapters take up that much space so that wouldn't be enough to explain it completely.

Hmm.