Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
[D3HoE]Makaveli

Day of Defeat: Source

NiGHTMARE, Valve doesn't own Gunman Chronicles. So no, they won't make a GC:S. I just hope DoD:S doesn't get the same treatment as HL:S did... HL:S with the exceptions of a couple of features, is the exact same as HL.

As of now there is really no information as to what DoD:S will be or what it will look like. They haven't said that there will be any texture or model renovaions or anything like that. Basically all they've said is:

- It's called Day of Defeat: Source
- It's a port
- It's coming out sometime
= It's a HL2 mod

Other than that, I don't know. Thats all VALVe has said really.

Will people who bought the Half Life 2 through stores have to pay again to get Day of Defeat: Source? Although, I see no way to get either DOD: Source or Half Life 1: Source without have to buy Half Life 2 again in the Gold package through Steam (which annoys me somewhat).

Those who bought the Half-Life 2 Silver or Gold package over Steam will recieved DoD:S for free. But those who bought the Bronze will need to pay again.

I think, not sure, but I think that if you bought the Half-Life 2 Colletor's Edition in stores, that you will get DoD:S for free as well. But, I'm pretty sure that you will not get DoD:S if you simply bought the regular HL2 in stores or you bought the HL2 Bronze Package. Both of those only come with HL2 and CS:S.

Whether or not you have to pay for it is uncertain, but for some reason I think you might.

[D3HoE]Makaveli said:
You can always get the Silver Package (HL: S, HL2, CSS, DOD:S)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Silver Package, but I still wouldn't want to pay again for HL2 and CSS. I just had someone show me some pics from Half Life 1: Source and maybe I'm just missing something, but it looks terrible. They didn't use the high definition models, or the updated maps (and better high definition models) the PS2 version used. I would definitely like to play DOD: Source, but as it stands right now it seems my only choice is to pay $60 for a mod and an old game converted to a new engine.

All they did with HL:S was take HL and convert it to the Source engine. Otherwise, it's the same game. THey smoothed the graphics a little bit, but not as signicent a change as CS to CS:S

What, are they going to port every single mod for the original half-life over to the source engine? That way, they can keep making more money!

I want Source: Source.

[D3HoE]Makaveli said:
Anyways, whatever happend to Blue Shit? Why can't I play it over steam?

Valve apparently had trouble porting it to work on Steam. But on the up-side, you can just play it outside of Steam, and the CD-Key works as a standard HL1 key on Steam.

[D3HoE]Makaveli said:
Anyways, whatever happend to Blue Shit? Why can't I play it over steam?

Trasher, it's not that they had trouble porting it, it's because Valve doesn't own it. Half-Life: Blue Shift is the official property of GearBox, not Valve. And since Valve owns Steam, that means that they would need to go through all the legal crap to obtains the rights to put it on Steam legally.

So unlike Half-Life or Half-Life Opposing Force, Blue shift is not the property of Valve.

S1lent said:

So unlike Half-Life or Half-Life Opposing Force, Blue shift is not the property of Valve.

But gearbox made op4 too...I don't get it.