Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

Whats the most beautiful thing you've ever seen in a wad?

For me i'd have to say that last mini-level thing in Action Doom. Its just gorgous. It fucks me up evertime i go there. It melt me inside. The music and the cockpit place- my god, its like heaven. honestly. im not sure why im crazily in love with it, but... whoa.

I have to say the first "Action DooM", what was later renamed to Imoral Conduct.
It has some very nice "junk features" as reloaded mags drop to the floor and stay there.
The colour of blood is right for each creature.
You can shoot things and decorations to small peices.

Probably the beaches in Roger Ritenour's "Earth". For something than runs in doom2.exe (though there's a newer ZDoom version too), they're simply stunning.

Many other vistas in that wad, as well as "Phobos" (also by Mr Ritenour), are almost as gorgeous.

equinox map13, earth.wad, grove, action doom map04, alien vendetta map20, the big giant canyon place (the one with the lava waterfalls, big lava river, etc. you can't miss it)

Map 02 of Lil White Mouse's Wolfen was one of the most beautiful things I've seen in a Wad.
Caverns of Darkness map 03 and 05 were also very pretty.
RTC's maps weren't that beatiful, but the architecture was.

I havent got neither the time nor the space here to point out all the wonders that are The Darkening II! Respect...

Tormentor667 said:

I really liked some maps of Doom Anomaly Reborn, they have been really beautiful, for example the dark cavern (last map) or the crane :)

phobos anomaly reborn

Foofoo said:

i also think Galaxia.wad was beautiful, in a way.

galaxia.wad rocked. it was one of the best early wads imo, the music was pretty damn good to.

Someone made a map with a spaceship or plane or something which took off. It's a pretty old map, but to this day, I still have no fucking clue how they did that.

Danarchy said:

Someone made a map with a spaceship or plane or something which took off. It's a pretty old map, but to this day, I still have no fucking clue how they did that.

That's in a wad already mentioned in this thread, Roger Ritenour's Phobos :).

Map 3 of Phobos Anomaly Reborn. The first time I saw that crane...then I realized that you actually had to go inside...and it ruled!!

Pleiades and Earth were amazing. In fact, pretty much all of Roger Ritenour's works were amazing. They were fun and challenging to play and they were visually stunning. What were some of the other wads this guy's worked on?

Phobos, as mentioned three times now :). I'd actually forgotten about Pleiades, thanks for reminding me ;).

Foofoo said:

For me i'd have to say that last mini-level thing in Action Doom. Its just gorgous. It fucks me up evertime i go there. It melt me inside. The music and the cockpit place- my god, its like heaven. honestly. im not sure why im crazily in love with it, but... whoa.

:D

If it's any consolation, Grove (teh remix that ran smoother) was one of the most beatiful things I've ever experienced in Doom.

All of Chosen, and that one av map where it was a giant-assed grey castle near the sea.

oh and av20

-The blood sea in Master Levels. For the time it was amazing, even if you saw that efect before, but still even today you feel that you are in the middle of a sea (of blood).

-The first time you see the hellish sky in map 21 of Evilution (the room with the giant "windows").

-The sea of Earth.wad

-The maps of GBD2 and Action DOOM

-The maps of RTC-3057

-The last part of Map 20 of Evilution (specially the first time you see it)

The lighting effects in av.wad map01 was one of the coolest things I had seen at that point.

Some of the maps of the forthcoming Knee Deep In ZDoom have some gorgeous scenes too :). In particular, look out for the enormous lava pit at the (new) start of E1M7.

All of Ritenour's maps were absolutely stunning. Deus Vult was great. Eternal maps 12, 28, 30, and 31. Galaxia's music was really nostalgic, and Equinox had some of the best architecture I've seen (cool secrets, too, like Ritenour's).

Oh and at the end of MOCK2.WAD where the huge ass shoots the monsters out into the giant toilet. refl-fest.

Edit: Massmouth 2's Jungle, City, and Linguine Plant levels. VERY memorable.

ohhh yeah i also love that huge ass looming above the toilet in mock2. It was in a mock wad??? whoa. cause i liked that ass and toilet section but i couldnt remember in what wad it was in for so long.