Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mivalekan

cold as hell

why doesn't the snow turn off when I toggle it. Even when it says "Snow is Off" it is still on and continues to lag the hell out of me. What's the deal?

Also download the version he posted there (on WIP)-it's a new, improved version that I'm downloading as we speak.

Same here. I'm not playing this until it's fixed. I find this ridiculous for a 10 year old game!
EDIT:
When I was working on my "Haze" Project I went a bit crazy with the rain and the map (by a riverside) lagged horribly. I decided this is unacceptable for a 10 year old game. IMO, Doom is meant to run nice and if it lags it's just the author's fault-bad optimisation. Ofcourse it will go crazy if You stuff 900 rain particles (or snow in CAH's case) so I decided to throw out the particles and add simple sprite rain that showed a bunch of drips dropping from heaven. You know what? There was little difference between this *fake* and the real particles-with the exception of Framerate ;)
I hope someone thinks about this...
Furthermore
Making my project it is absolutely unacceptable for it to lag. Amaze the player-ofcourse, but don't force him to upgrade his machine for a 10 year old game just to see a mass of pixels on the screen! phew.. => Cooling System Engaged=

is anyone else noticing that the voices are VERY quiet?
is there any way to boost the volume of the voices? this is especially annoying in the intro level, with the hum of the plane in the background.

Also, in the plane, the view starts to get dark, then light, then fade to black again, then fade back to normal, etc. It does this for while.

It tends to do that in a real aircraft cockpit too, unless you're flying above cloud level and/or at night :P.

whens the next patch going to be out for "CAH" caue this TC is really slow on my computer and i have a AMD ATHLON with lost of ram and a really good prosser so it should play this TC really well

what the hell is wrong with authors who make laggy-as-hell wads?? Whats their problem?? ...why are you all looking at me like that??

Really is too bad with the lag, I dunno why, but when the Imp jumped out of the bathroom stall in the very beginning of the first map, I started getting 3 FPS, and quit.

Looks quite awesome though, exciting and well designed...but, the lag makes it impossible to play. I dunno why the scene with that Imp gave my computer a tough time, maybe it's a ZDoom bug, or?...

I just can't understand how ANY Doom game can lag this much.

Speaking of ZDoom, checked out the monster pack Nanami and co made for it, the little demo, and it was pretty cool, the new iron Lost Soul that spit shots that exploded in the form of an X with 6 arms, yo, was superb yo. That's an awesome idea for a monster, and it made me consider ZDoom instead of Boom, but then I remembered, ZDoom gameplay fucking blows. And I think Ebola had this first in Nimrod, but the jumping Demon is also very cool, this should've been the Spectre to begin with.......the giant Demon in Nimrod should also be mentioned, speaking of cool monsters...

Is stuff like this possible in GLBoom? With a dehacked patch or something? Specifically, a jumping Demon and a monster firing shots like the iron Lost Soul...

I have a question, concering the introduction of "Cold as Hell": How did these guys do the "fade to black"-effect, with the quote and Chapter name fading in and out before gameplay starts? I would love to implement this in my Megawad. Was this done with ACS scripts or is there another way? (I only know of the MAPINFO LUMP, but this doesn't let you customize your own pictures and titles to appear on screen.)

I'm not exactly sure how they did the fade to black effect, but the did the entire chapter thing with ACS.

Jehar said:

is anyone else noticing that the voices are VERY quiet?
is there any way to boost the volume of the voices? this is especially annoying in the intro level, with the hum of the plane in the background.

Turn up your sound?

like in some levels i can't move

Idon't remember hat levels i can't move in

but I'm using 94cab of Zdoom