Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomDan

What games have you been playing lately?

Doom 3, Doom 3, Doom 3, a bit of RtCW and Wolf3d (the Spear Resurrection mod) and Half Life 2.

But that picture will change soon - something's wrong with my sound systems so that I only get sounds in my left channel, as a result, Doom 3 is suddenly not very fun anymore (sound has everything to do with how fun that game is) and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Guess I'm gonna play RtCW HL2 until I figure out what the heck is wrong with the sound.

I've played KillZone... and it's terrible. The controls are bad, the maps are poorly made, and it's SOOO INCREDIBLY GLITCHY!!! It was definitely very slopily made. They should have spent a LOT more time polishing it off. It's like a 3/10 game. And that 3 is only because the concept and storyline is good.

Also Half-Life 2 along with a bunch of HL mods. UT2k4, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow,Rise of Nations & expansion, and a few others.

S1lent said:

I've played KillZone... and it's terrible. The controls are bad, the maps are poorly made, and it's SOOO INCREDIBLY GLITCHY!!! It was definitely very slopily made. They should have spent a LOT more time polishing it off. It's like a 3/10 game. And that 3 is only because the concept and storyline is good.

Yeah I think they rushed that game out so it can come out roughly the same time as Halo 2.I was gonna rent it but now forget it.

-Classic Sonic games (ie. Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Spinball)
-Mortal Kombat: Deception
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Yoshi's Island
-Mario 3
-Sonic Advance 2
-Magic: the Gathering Battlegrounds
-Metroid Prime
-Ultimate Doom

I'd add Doom 3 to that list but since my video card isn't the greatest for editing I haven't touched Doom 3 since I beat it :-/

DoomDan said:

Yeah I think they rushed that game out so it can come out roughly the same time as Halo 2.I was gonna rent it but now forget it.

Ya, don't waist your money. If it was for XBOX I would have said "maybe" because XBOX games release patches... but this won't. If you want a good PS2 game, look towards MGS3

Doom3, X2: The Threat, RTCW, JK2, Zdaemon CTF and, erm, chess.

F A R C R Y

I still havent finished it. I'm stuck at the car chase in Swamp. When i will finish it, I will buy HL2.

I havent't played Doom3 for some time now, and don't care for it anymore (I waited 4 years for that game!!, and it sucked)

Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
Sword of Mana
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Mario 64
Zelda: ALttP

Melfice said:

-Classic Sonic games (ie. Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Spinball)

Ahh yes, the old Sonic games. Those were fun :D I still ahve my sega genesis that I sometimes play those on. Those were truely great games.

Metal Gear Solid 3 (just finished my second run-through, complete with all boss camos, this afternoon) and Half-Life 2.

Of course, there are the old standbys -- Quake III (Promode, OSP) and ZDaemon.

Mogul said:

Metal Gear Solid 3 (just finished my second run-through, complete with all boss camos, this afternoon)

Holy Shit I forgot about MGS3.I gotta remember to get that game.

Danarchy said:

A lot of Quake 2.

Also, for some godawful reason I've been trying to force myself to like Quake 3, but it just...isn't...fucking...working.

And some Doom and Heretic.

i know what you mean. it just never grew on me and got minimal play. i prefered UT to it or quake2.

Really Long Username said:

Goldeneye 2.

That game really made me mad.... I thought they were going to remake the masterpiece of the original 007: GoldenEye. But noooo, instead of having a good idea, they instead made a game where your a James Bond villain with an actual Gold eye... cheezy, bad idea, and boring. The gameplay on that thing better absolutely rock.

S1lent said:

The gameplay on that thing better absolutely rock.

Unfortunately, it doesnt.I tried that game yesterday [Goldeneye Rogue Agent] and it completely sucks.That game shows proof that EA should give the bond license back to Rare.

- Doom 2 (though mostly testing levels rather than playing for fun)
- X-Men Legends
- Ratchet & Clank 3
- Resident Evil 1 (Game Cube remake)
- Metroid Prime

In the next couple of weeks or so I'll be playing more Doom 2 (finishing off one project, betatesting another), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and Jak 3.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

OST-Spike?

No, just plain Spike. I pwn OST-Spike :P

Half-life 2, doom 1/2/3, and blood 1 and 2. I've been planning on getting around to clearing system shock 2 for a while, so I'll probably do that. I also have to play f-zero gx a bit more, had it for a few months, played it for maybe 5 hours. I also need to get alien hominid, that game looks pretty sweet.