Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DaJuice

cyberdemon 2001 wip

work-in-prgress...hopefully it'll still be 2001 when it's finished, but somehow I don't think so. Watcha think?

http://www.geocities.com/lord_infam0us/cyberdemon1.jpg

Thnx, I'm gonna do the entire body.

And thanks again to Peter Heinmann (spelling?) for sending me those reference pics. They were a lot of help in getting the shape of the horns right (hardest part actually).

very sweet dude. damn i wish i had 3dstudiomax but i dont got the $3000 for it. dude how did u ever afford such a great program

I can't afford it either. warez is the answer:)

Discreet just released a free program called gmax which is basically a trimmed down version of max4, made for game editing and such. If you're interested in 3d I strongly suggest you check it out.

http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/

Personally, I don't see a problem with using warez to learn a program. I don't use max or any other apps for commercial purpses, it's nothing but a hobby right now. I'm obviously gonna buy the damn thing if I ever make a living out of it.

Personally, I don't see a problem with using warez to learn a program. I don't use max or any other apps for commercial purpses, it's nothing but a hobby right now. I'm obviously gonna buy the damn thing if I ever make a living out of it.

Heh. Well next time consider FREEWARE over software you have to buy?

Bigbad: and why do you defend software companies so much? Explain.

I dont, but look at it this way. You (lament) make a really cool program. You decide to SELL IT FOR MONEY to people. But then, you see it on a warez site, for free, and you make no money. How would you feel?

I don't see how the developers are losing money on me if I can't afford the program in the first place. If anything they have a potential future customer.
Oh yeah, a student (non-commercial) license for 3d Studio max cost $1000. You can only use the program while you're still in school, and after you graduate you have to relinquish your license. I don't know about you but I would not spend $1000 on an app that I won't even own. And don't tell me about that freeware crap. There isn't a free program on earth that's anywhere near the quality of 3d max.

those companies get what they deserve; who the fuck would buy a $3000 fucking program...AMERICAN on top of that. That'd be around $5000 for me. Fuck that. Fuck them. Especially fuck Macromedia, when something as small as Flash 4 goes for 250 american, I THINK I'M GONNA RIP THEM OFF! Greedy bastards.

...i'm making up for all the people THEY ripped off. Also, i didn't "warez" it, my TechEd teacher let me copy the program to my harddrive to work on projects at home.

I'm 15, I don't have a fucking job, I get $10 a week, and i can't make dick with Flash, and don't use it for anything even close to being commercial. Had i payed $400 dollars for something i can't use to it's potential, i'd be out for some programmers' nutz. That's like 2 years pay for me. Cut this guy some slack, i mean, would YOU pay $3000 for a hobby program, even if you had money to burn like that? I know I wouldn't. Also, who hasn't used napster-ish programs to download free music? Is that something you can honestly deny? Well i used one called Limewire to get a mac program. And so i ask, just how is software sharing any different from music sharing? I'm not out to make money off of it. I just want something to tweak things for personal use.

Oh, and i aquired my copies of Doom, Doom2, and the master levels LEGALLY, with no connection to warez. Even though finding Doom for mac was nearly impossible, i bought it legitamatly on eBay. I feel this is different because the other programs i talked about are designed so that they may be used commecially. However, doom is JUST personal entertainment.

i will tell you why it cost so much. its like supply and demand, they have the supply and they demand the price, its also to keep the common person from learning and be dazzled by the wealth and 'skill' of others. just look at history, the exact same thing

people just grow up, warez isn't the end of the world. Plus the dude isn't even asking for it on here. What's it to you if he downloaded the program? Will you not sleep at night cuz of it?

Bigbad: and why do you defend software companies so much? Explain.

I dont, but look at it this way. You (lament) make a really cool program. You decide to SELL IT FOR MONEY to people. But then, you see it on a warez site, for free, and you make no money. How would you feel?

Well, I'm not going to discuss issues like the Free Software Foundation and their philosophy and whatever here.

But 3d studio is not made by some guy like me; it's made by a huge company, that mostly get their profits from other companies. And other companies don't download warez :) Ripping of that much money from individuals is ASKING to be warezed.

If I made a really cool program, I would most probably:
* make it free for non-commercial use;
* charge for user support.

If I made a really cool *game*... Hmm... no wait, it's totally impossible nowadays to make a good game by oneself.

Very kool piece, DaJuice! Reminds me that I have to continue the work on the cardmodel cyberdemon I announced ^_^

I think, not everyone has got his hands on a reaper cyp miniature and I will make it a bit bigger (but based on the Reaper mini).

Did you made the horns using a "blob" programm? You know, those apps which are using globes and spheres for making organical forms. For example making a hand with all its fingers is very easy in such programms. Especially the horns should be *pointy at their ends.

But very kool work so far, without question :)

Thanks Peter. The horns are actually just low-poly cones that were bent on two axis (I don't know if that makes any sense) and then smoothed out. And again, thx for the pics. What kind of scanner were they taken with?

I'll be looking forward to that cardmodel.

Thanks Peter. The horns are actually just low-poly cones that were bent on two axis (I don't know if that makes any sense) and then smoothed out. And again, thx for the pics. What kind of scanner were they taken with?

I am still loyal to my Epson GT-9000 24pounds monster I bought in 1995 :)

I am still loyal to my Epson GT-9000 24pounds monster I bought in 1995 :)

So, Peter, you make models? Thats cool. Have you ever considered doing something like Bonzai Buddy but with say an Imp or Demon? That would be awesome!

As much as I would truly love to get into a warez debate (I'm not being sarcastic either), the looming cloud of banishment tells me this is not the place. Perhaps in a different place we could meet to argue and curse till we are blue in the face, and we may just come back a little wiser.

Or something like that.

I really ought to lock this, but that's not fair to DaJuice, who made an otherwise good topic. So, anymore warez discussion below here will be deleted, and there will most likely be some banning done if an admin has to do it.

I use warez as a.......Try and Buy situation. If I don't like it, I usually never use it again. I had warezed heretic and hexen. But then I bought them because I liked them. I see no reason in having to pay for something you haven't gotten a chance to really get into. Like, some "shareware" programs don't allow saving and special features. Well, if I can't see what kind of cool features I'm gonna buy, why buy?