Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShaneAmp

Hud Without Maps?

I was wondering if it's possible to use a hud in a mod that doesnt contain any maps, and how it could be done? We have scripted map, but was told it couldnt be used unless it was applied to individual maps, just trying to find out if maybe someone knows any tricks?

Sounds like he's coded something like in Cold As Hell, where information is displayed on the screen differently than it is in the normal game.

He wants to know whether you can use such a thing with any map, without having to bother messing around with scripts and such things.

It would have been nice to let people know what port he's talking about though.

I thought he meant he wants to make the automap disabled, and have his own cooler map displayed by his own key.

EDIT: Now I think he means he has a hud he wants to put in a wad but doesn't want to put any maps (levels) in the wad.

This is my attempt at a translation:

"I was wondering if it's possible to create a mod which contains a new hud (created using scripting) which doesn't also include new maps, and how could it be done?

We've created a new hud by using scripting in a map of our own creation, but have been told it's impossible to use the hud in other maps unless they have the script added to them. Just trying to find out if maybe someone knows any tricks?"

heh, sorry for the confusion, i wrote MAP there once, instead of HUD. The last interpretation is about right. I was asking if i can use a SCRIPTED HUD, for ZDOOM, in a MOD that doesnt contain MAPS, and how it can be done. The script replaces the original status bar, and everyone working on the mod said they didnt think it would work in the mod, unless it contained maps to apply the script to. Is this clearer now?

You will have to modify the source and tell it to include an ACS library in the wad in every map. Someone on the zdoom forums did it once and successfully used hudmessages to remake the alpha hud.

oh ok, thanx, i dunno if we'll be trying that. Unless maybe someone has an altered source that read acs for every map?