Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wad'a'Holic

Frag - A click together scripting program

As most of you proberly know, I have released a program that allows people to click together scripts for Doom Legacy withen seconds, without needing to know any scripting knolage. Its released and advaible for downloading at wadaholic.tk

That version is an older one compared to the new 2.0 that will be released on December the 15th. Frag2.0 will feature ZDoom support so you can click together ZDoom scripts aswell as been able to make Legacy ones.

For screenshots on Frag 2.0, visit http://wadaholic.tripod.com/sourcedemon/

Wad'a'Holic said:

The thing is Ultraviolet, I didnt make Doom Legacy.

Still doesn't explain why you're wasting your time on a program for a port that, in my humble opinion, sucks.

Legacy 1.42 has some major flaws, but isn't that bad for co-op. Personally I'd rank it above the the current and god-awful ZDaemon 1.06.07, which blows excrement.

For co-op, ZDoom 2.0.63a is as good as it gets for me, considering I'm on a LAN. But enough of my pimpage...keep up the good work, even if everybody else thinks your tastes are questionable.

since ZDoom acs support is comming out in december I wont say anything bad, thought I wonder why you chose legacy... *shrugs* at any rate... I cant wait to check it out

Each to their own. If one person like Legacy or Zdoom better, why not let that person do that. You accomplish nothing by telling them how futile their efforts are cause you don't like the port or whatever they are making it for. It's not like we don't know that Legacy is flawed. Even the ones who make legacy admits to that. Hence they are working on a complete rewrite of Legacy. With this constant hacking on their efforts I'm amazed that they still bother.

Saying Legacy sucks is just beating a dead horse. We've all heard it before. You only make yourself look like idiots (in my eyes that is, I can't speak for others).

kristus said:

Saying Legacy sucks is just beating a dead horse. We've all heard it before. You only make yourself look like idiots (in my eyes that is, I can't speak for others).

Finally someone has seen the light and actually rise above the
"I-am-14-years-old-and-know-nothing-about-the world"-standard some
people like to theme their posts like.

My 5 cents to this discussion:
Legacy still looks better than ZDooM in my oppinion.
The performance of legacy is poor, but ZDooM is still the uglyest
port out there. It may have all kinds of neat and awsome
features, but next to nothing seems to be done to improve the video
settings. Even at high resolution and all extra features
turned on it's still looks blocky like regular DooM.

Zdoom is my favorite sourceport, I don't have anything against Legacy, but that's not the point.
It's not just about Legacy,..
anyone who posts comments like: "This sucks!11" wihout giving a good reason is a tard. All one-liners In my humble opinion are either too lazy to drag their asses to write something constructive, are either following others to make them look more k3wl or whatever, or are just goofing off.

BTW- Kaiser made Descripted-a scripting program that could be used for both: ACS and Fragglescript

Mivalekan said:

Now there are going to be little 12 year olds coming to the forums like "OMG LOLZ I R SCRIPTING MASTAR!1!1!!!!"

B-but, I am. :(

Nmn said:
[B
BTW- Kaiser made Descripted-a scripting program that could be used for both: ACS and Fragglescript [/B]

have you got a link for it? I tried the link on his site but it doesnt work

If his link doesn't work than there are no hopes. I had this program only when I used WA in my earlier days of mappage. Later I deleted it and moved to DoomBuilder+Zdoom Wiki.

Great job. This will significantly increase the amount of quality maps we see in the community, I think. Scripting may be a bit less daunting for newer mappers and for those who've dabbled in it a bit (myself), it'll save a lot of time when mapping, thereby increasing output. So yay.

I honestly look forward to ZDoom ACS support, because as a newbie scripter, I don't feel that the ZDoom.org wiki docs do a very good job of describing how to use the various commands. Because of this, I've been forced to use the self-explanatory ones like PrintBold instead of the apparently more versatile HudMessageBold, because I can't figure out the syntax of the latter. Mind, I'm actually a programming inept and I spent hours on one PrintBold statement puzzling over why it didn't compile (until I realized that I forgot to add a semicolon).

o_O

Gotta be kidding. The wiki is probably one of the easier things ever to learn from.

Nmn said:

o_O

Gotta be kidding. The wiki is probably one of the easier things ever to learn from.

that and tearing apart other people's scripts... Thats how I learned a lot of my stuff

Example: I learned how to use functions from SNESDOOM.wad

Also, good job dude. I'm really looking forward to the ZDoom ACS support in the December release :)

Wad'a'Holic said:

Remember guys I also said it was for ZDoom. Not just Legacy.

Thats good because fragglescript sucks :-P

Nmn said:

Ah, but see, I haven't learned much from it. It's not very noob-friendly. Or rather, it's not very Weasel-friendly. It's probably just because I'm no good at working with numbers, but I've always had problems working with any kind of programming language. I couldn't even work QBasic.

pfft, click together scripting has been there since boom, in the form of voodoo dolls on conveyor belts.

Ok guys, I have just finished implanting ZDoom support into Frag but it is quite limited at this current time.

Also, does anyone have a complete, ZDoom script I can look at. Just want to know what the layout of ZDoom code looks like.

BTW, ZDoom support is ASC since thats the only good refrence on zdoom.org I could find.

And for those intrested in Frag screenshots, visit the following...
http://wadaholic.tripod.com/sourcedemon/id3.html
if you want to download the older version of Frag, visit the following...
http://wadaholic.tripod.com/sourcedemon/frag1.html