Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Screamo

sorry to bother guys.

Maybe it's cuz I asked for help?? Not a very Newbie Friendly place??

I asked for Open GL help, and a place where I could redownload Doom 2.. is there something I said that offended someone? Am I doin something wrong?

I assure you, I am in no way attempting to offend anyone, if i'm wrong, or am offending anyone, tell me how, i'll apologize and move on my way.

My bad, didnt know you guys were against that sort of thing. I apologize. How bout open gl mode? :P Any luck gettin answers for that? Thanks.

Like I said, i'm new to this. I had no clue you guys were against that sort of thing. Doom 2 seems like a simple game that ppl would download. Do ppl buy it?? Believe me i'm not playin dumb, I really didnt know it was a 'no no' to ask for games on here. Sorry once more.

He isn't banned, is he? It doesn't say he is though.

Well, not quite yet.

As for GL, go get JDoom, it's one of the best and most stable GL ports around. It's a separate executable, so you'd just run JDoom, tell it where the regular Doom/Doom2 is, and start playing.

Happen about what? I was thanking Loot for her info on where I could get GL help. If you want to ban me, like you said, it's your call. It was a mistake. Why lose a member over a mistake? Persist this longer if you wish. But I know now that what I said isnt tolerated here and can garuntee that it will not happen again. That is the best I can do. Once again, thanks Loot.

I was thanking Loot for her info on where I could get GL help.

ROFL

If you want to ban me, like you said, it's your call.

I don't ban, but the admins will.

Hey, I'm only a senior member, not a moderator. Lüt gave you a second chance (???), be happy.

But as Lüt wrote above, the admins will probably ban you when they see (???).

I too, have been sorta reamed on for "attempting to promote warez" as some said, a few months back. All I ever offered was to help someone out who had lost their copy of Doom... And who here is going to help them out? And do you honestly expect some kid to go and keep re-ordering and re-ordering Doom over the next decade because he occasionally loses the disks? To date, I have purchased at least ONE of each game in the Doom series, including Final Doom, and Doom/Final Doom for PSX. So that means that after spending... Oh.. $175 total, that I should have to spend another $35 for a lost copy? I don't think anyone should have to do that.

I don't think it is fair, however though, for people to illegally download and play ANY game, if they have not gotten a registered copy.

You want to know something even scarier? I actually GOT a free copy of Ultimate Doom once... You know how? ID GAMES SUPPORT SENT ME A FUCKING FREE COPY! As funny as it may seem, I called the 1-800-IDGAMES (I think..?) number, and told them my story. My disks were destroyed, when some moron spilled pop all over them and attempted to run them. BANG, it took my A-Drive out, and one of the diskettes, they asked me for a photocopy of the disks, and I couldn't provide one... Guess what happened? 3 or 4 Weeks later, I get a package from somewhere around the Midwest (Illinois?) from the iD software support team. I opened it up, and guess what!!! Inside was Ultimate Doom! (Then on 3 1/2" floppy disks), so if you need a copy of a lost game, try explaining it to the software support team first! Downloading Freeware should be a last ditch effort, because as well, some of them are completely riddled with viruses, and it's not fun, as I have unfortunately found out before.

As for all you people who are pirating this game, It's not right. You're still somewhat cutting into iD's profits off these games, even though not many people "buy" them anymore... But still, maybe people can help out if you like, take a little "test" for us, and answer some questions about the game, and who knows...? Maybe on of us can send you a CD burned with a Backup copy of Doom, but otherwise, Piracy is wrong.

Sorry to rant, but I thought it'd be nice to put my opinion out.
*Runs for cover*

So that means that after spending... Oh.. $175 total, that I should have to spend another $35 for a lost copy? I don't think anyone should have to do that.

No, but you do realize how easy it is to make up a story like that on a forum like this, right? We can't assume the person is telling the truth, cause more often than not, they aren't.

The other thing I was gonna say is what you mentioned further down, about just telling the company if your purchased copy of their game got corrupted or damaged. That's what registration cards are for. They'll look up that info and most likely send you a replacement for free, sometimes with a shipping charge though.

You seem like a girlie to me, no offense. But your avatar is a pic of a girlie, and I kinda had this whole mentality thing goin that you were female anyways. heh.

However you CAN take offense to this. I am here w/ no intent to cause trouble. But you guys are blowin this way outta proportion, let it go, I made a mistake, who cares?? I already assured you that it wouldnt happen again. Looks like that wasnt enough. You assume i'm lying?? What kinda forum is this?? You could have been a lil more friendly. Thank you for telling me about the JDoom shit and all, but other then that, you seem like a dick to me. And your lil pet Xenoman too, ya'll seem like some suck ups.

I dont need to waste my time here anymore.

PS: I'm sure you have no balls, and you'll delete this post so that nobody sees how corrupt your forum is. Oh and nice job scaring away the newbies. That's gonna build your player base really well.

But your avatar is a pic of a girlie

It's actually a female impersonator :P

I am here w/ no intent to cause trouble. But you guys are blowin this way outta proportion

It's just that you're the 54,295th person to go through this exact same routine.

I already assured you that it wouldnt happen again. Looks like that wasnt enough.

It was for me.

You assume i'm lying?? What kinda forum is this??

Not you specifically; just anybody who comes in here asking for download links. Doomworld isn't somebody's personal site, it's part of the Telefragged network. If we allow links to warez, the site will most likely get shut down.

you seem like a dick to me.

Heh, you ought to get together with hellbent and plan my execution ;)

And your lil pet Xenoman too, ya'll seem like some suck ups.

I dunno where the hell he came from, he just shows up every now and then and posts a few hundred posts and leaves for a week or so.

I'm sure you have no balls, and you'll delete this post so that nobody sees how corrupt your forum is.

And since when was deleting requests for illegally-distributed software corrupt? It's quite the opposite.

geez... why don't people just buy collector's doom? $20-30 for ultimate doom, doom 2 and final doom. it is readily available. even before collector's doom came out, you could still buy it striaght from id. piraters... bah!

i buy all of the games i play.

Not you specifically; just anybody who comes in here asking for download links. Doomworld isn't somebody's personal site, it's part of the Telefragged network. If we allow links to warez, the site will most likely get shut down.

Hell, that makes a lot more sense than just having people think you guys were Nazi's about it. If you let more people know that this site is potentially at stake, a would imagine there would be far fewer mentions of warez and such.