Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shtbag667

Searching for Christmas sprites/patches

I'm working on a Christmas themed wad and don't have the time to draw everything. I'm looking for a Santa Claus doomguy skin. I'm also looking demonic elf skins (probably don't exist, I know). Any other Christmas related sprites would probably be useful so let me know where I can get them..

I'm also looking for sound FX. Music I can handle though.

As for walls and flats: I could use some but since they're easy to make they're not much of a problem.

In such an instance you can always make a wad that requires the other, using its resources, yet not ripping nor touching it at all.

In such an instance you can always make a wad that requires the other, using its resources, yet not ripping nor touching it at all.

Sadly that tends to piss some people off because they have to load more. I can see it now one day...

C:\games\zdoom\zdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file resourcepack1.wad texturewad1.wad copyrightedwad1.wad resourcepack2.wad
resourcepack3.wad resourcepack4.wad copyrightedwad2.wad texturewad2.wad monsters.wad monsters2.wad monsters3.wad texturewad3.wad
C:\games\dlegacy\copyrightedwad3.wad texturewad4.wad spritewad1.wad spritewad2.wad
bosses1.wad bosses2.wad spritewad2.wad
C:\games\risen3d\texturewadforanotherport.wad resourcepack5.wad resourcepack6.wad
actrev_x.wad

copyrights crap... who cares..... I on't see how you COULDN'T allow someone to rip textures.... I made it, why keep it to myself? do you think van gogh painted just so HE could look at it? and besides, what's the use? people will rip it anyway.

It's important to respect other people's wishes with respect to resources they have created.

In the case of a 9-year-old wad where the authors are no longer contactable (assuming they aren't), you could argue that it does no great harm. Though technically you can't do so legally, and it would make the wad in violation of the archive's rules (assuming you wish to upload it there).

Sorry, perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned H2H-Xmas in this context. I was forgetting that it may not be possible to contact the authors to ask their permission to use their stuff. But myk's suggestion is still relevant.

Alright then, I guess I'll make the sprites myself. I know whenever I download a map that requires some kind of resource wad I simply delete it since it requires additional effort to hunt the wad down.

Hey, glad to see a Xmas wad in the works.

You wanna make something together? I've had this Xmas shit lying around for 2-3 years now, and never actually completed anything.

If you wanna make realistic city maps, with building textures from Batman Doom (with permission), send me an e-mail and we'll talk. I'll take some screenshots of what I have right now, actually...

...I gotta finish this shit this year. I think it looks pretty alright, considering they're over 2 years old at least.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/CrazyDevil/Xmascreen0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/CrazyDevil/Xmascreen1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/CrazyDevil/Xmascreen2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/CrazyDevil/Xmascreen3.jpg

By the way, there are tons of Xmas resources for Doom from years ago, check out the Xmas folder in /Idgames. Plenty of great enemy sprites, a superb Santa Claus player sprite, anything you need...

VinceDSS said:

there is a snowman sprite in The Rebirth that replaces the shitty SS soldier

I may hate Megawads, but those levels in Rebirth were sweet.

I was just gonna suggest the rebirth secret level's textures, and here it is mentioned :). An awesome megawad, and the new death animation for the baron is awesome.

gemini09 said:

Hey, glad to see a Xmas wad in the works.

You wanna make something together? I've had this Xmas shit lying around for 2-3 years now, and never actually completed anything.

Hey Gemini: Did you ever get that resource-wad I worked my ass off to put together for you?

Hehe yeah I got it...sorry I didn't release anything though. I've been trying to release a Xmas wad 3 or 4 years I think, and I always run out of time in the end.

But seriously, thanks and sorry about that. Say the word, and I PROMISE I'll use them this year :-) What you think of the screenshots..? I think the levels have a kozy feel to them, with the nice textures and the Xmasy blue sky and all...and the green trees...hehe.

gemini09 said:

Sure, I can use help on this project. Give me your email and I'll send you what I have done so far..

And I'll check out that xmas folder.. I need some santa player sprites..

Pieceofshiat@Hotmail.com.

It's in my profile too you know..

I've seen 2 Santa sprites, one the player sprite from H2H Xmas (awesome) and a less serious and less detailed one, which replaced the Shotgunner in a Xmas wad I don't remember...But H2H has a cool status bar face to go with the sprite too.

You working on SP or DM maps? Those screenshots are from an SP map, but the plan was to make some DM maps too...