Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maggot_army

graphics card problem

ive got a problem with my graphics card. ive looked on the nvidia site and dl'ed the updates, but the problem still happens. it only happens in a few of my games, like avp2 and delta force land warrior. the walls and the floors all become distorted, like the flash and jump...and even when i turn down the special effects, like high res and lighting it still happens. these are my computer specs if it might help, p4 2.8 gigs, windows 2000 pro. my graphics card is a nvidia geforce mx 420. all the others games i play like return to castle wolfenstein and avp 1, all work fine, but its only with a few of the games ive loaded that i have this bug. thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

sounds more like an issue with those games and not the card, but you never know. try updateing those games, or visiting sites for those games.

never played either of those games and not really sure how old they are, let alone their needs. maybe you dont got a card with the power for those games.

GEforce graphics aren't really that great, it's probably the low quality of that graphics card thats your problem, but if it's the games, update the games or reinstall them.

the geforce MX series are always the low end cards. a geforce 4 mx 440 is really just a high end geforce 2 card. if this is an original geforce card, not 2,3 or 4, then i would say you need a newer card. the geforce FX series and radeon series are great. for a little lower a geforce mx 4000 would work or a ATI 9200. recommend a geforce FX 5500 or ATI 9600, and up, for newer games.

avp2 and delta force have the problems even though they are updated, but it only seemed to happen with my computer once i rebuilt it. when i was using it on my older computer, which was using win ME, and was only a 500mhz, it played all of my computer games fine. even my higher end games like medal of honor AA, and return to castle wolfenstein worked fine. could it be that im using windows 2000 or might i just need a new graphics card?