Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SteelPH

Favorite Ultimate Doom song?

Jello said:

E1m1 and E1m8. God knows how many times I've gotten e1m8 stuck in my head. Sadly, no one knows what tune I'm humming.

Same. Though in my head I can picture the tune perfectly, everyone else just thinks I am making random noises. :D

The song I used to Hum a lot was The Demon's Dead (Doom2 Map 10) because the guitars are easy and stood in my memory.

Intermission from Doom

Followed closely by The Demons from Adrien's Pen.

As of now, I hate them all, as I've heard every Ultimate Doom song over and over again... But if I had to pick one, it'd be D_VICTOR. That song just fucking OWNS.

Tough question, if it's an absolute favorite... however, most of the more upbeat tracks have started to become less favored recently (especially e1m1... too noisy). I still appreciate the more moody tracks like e1m5, e2m2, e2m7 and the victory theme though.

EDIT: I hope no one really hates e1m6 since I suggested it to Erik for a scythe2 map (in fact, it's the only one that uses music from doom/doom2 presently out of the 29 existing maps) since I thought it fit the level. I noticed it's not on anyone's favorites list though. :)

Vile said:
I hope no one really hates e1m6 since I suggested it to Erik for a scythe2 map

Kristian Ronge said:
I *don't* like E1M6

Well... ;-D
Hate is a very strong word, though. Let's just say I didn't care for it much even before I got tired of listening to it a gazillion times...

I should also mention I never play with the game's music, always silently or with custom music.

SirBardCat said:

As of now, I hate them all, as I've heard every Ultimate Doom song over and over again...

Then don't fucking listen to them! It's not like they cram themselves down your throat or force themselves into your ear.

Oh and get outta my face! :-P

dsm said:

Then don't fucking listen to them! It's not like they cram themselves down your throat or force themselves into your ear.

hehe, pwnd

dsm said:

Hey, man. I didn't say anyone was. Just stating my opinion... No need to get nasty and such. >_<

E1M3 - Dark Halls
E1M5 - Suspense
E1M8 - Phobos Anomoly
E2M8 - Waltz of the Demons

Doom2 - Endgame

For me, most of the songs in doom2 were fantastic, and about 1/3 the music in doom2 was any good. All bearable of course, but these were my favourites.

My favourite musics in Ultimate Doom is almost all of Shores of Hell's musics, except E2M3. They are quite scary and hmm... Demonic musics. :D Atmosphere of Shores of Hell is so perfect.

And of course I love the Victory Music.

I wonder why nobody picked E3M2. I LOVE this song, it's the best one! (apart from E1M8, which is of equal coolness).

But E3M2...da da da di da da dii da da di da da da da...
and then the second tune: da diii daaaa, da da daaaa... :-D

I don't really like the level E3M2 so I don't get to hear the music too much. And when I play it I complete it in half a minute anyway. :D

Lutrov71 said:

I don't really like the level E3M2 so I don't get to hear the music too much. And when I play it I complete it in half a minute anyway. :D

So do I, but the music is great. :)

Wallace said:

At Hell's gate (E1M1)
Hiding the Secrets (E1M9/E2M9)

The name for E1M1's music is at Dooms gate, and Hiding the secrets is from E3M9 not E2M9. E2M9 is "untitled" (Same as E3M1.)