Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SteelPH

Favorite Ultimate Doom song?

I liked e1m1, e1m9, e2m9(my favorite secret level), e3m3, and e2m2. Also, what's this about PSX versions? The only psx doom I have is Final Doom, which uses Doom 64's soundtrack (which is very bleh, if you ask me. I prefer a nice fast tune over some stupid ambience stuff that's slow as molasses)

E1M3

In DOOM 1, I love E1M8. The boss level of the first episode. I have a remix of it I downloaded from OverClocked. I even have most of the music (If not all) in Special Edition and regular forms that I like to listen to when there's nothing good on TiVo.

In DOOM 2 I always liked level 28 I believe it is. "Getting Too Tense" Not only the music but the level too.

Some runners up are the two Wolfenstein secret levels and the first level from episode 1 and 2 and the first map of DOOM 2. (I had those songs imprinted in my brain from my DOOM hacking days. To this day I couldn't forget those pieces of music if I tried.)

Bunny is great. Especially when you see the open fields then the camera pans to the left to show the city on fire and a hand holding up a bunny head.

There goes the neighborhood.

E1M9
E2M6
E2M7
E3M7 - same as E2M7 but it fits the level/atmosphere better
MAP29 - also in MAP07 and some other one but is *perfect* for this level

nightice said:

E1M9
E2M6
E2M7
E3M7 - same as E2M7 but it fits the level/atmosphere better
MAP29 - also in MAP07 and some other one but is *perfect* for this level

Exactly!! Seconded.

favorite UD song is probably not E1M8 but rather E4M1. I think the music fits in the more hellish area.

When I was a lil one I thought E2M8 (and the sound of the player dying) were scary. Course that was back in 1994.

Also enjoyed E2M6 but placed in the wrong type of environment.

Gruson1 said:

My favorite Doom music from the games were:

PC
Doom 1 level 1
Doom 2 level 1
Doom 2 level 7

I actually loved all of the music in Doom 1 and 2.

It's shame part 3 was such a let down IMO.

Am I the only one that liked part 3, THe music from wormhole is eerie and they have a lot of good ones like the hangar and The Calling.

Most likely, "waiting for Romero to Play" it's spooky. its very gothic sounding with organs and what not.

Did you notice you double-posted? How long will this thread live...