Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
insertwackynamehere

Duke Nukem in Captain Planet

Oh man... THAT takes me back...

Oh! He was voiced by Maurice LaMarche! (ie 'The Brain', and bunch of voices on Futurama and possibly the Simpsons) and Frank Welker! (pretty much dose all the simpsons and Futurama animal sounds, and also voice nibbler, both when he talks and the odd noises he makes.)

Heh, he was also voiced by Dean Stockwell who also played Dr. Yueh in the original Dune movie and Al in Quantum Leap, not to mention several other minor roles.

Anyway, I think that character is the reason the original Duke Nukem game was spelled Duke Nukum in a few of it's versions. They went "oops, there's aready a character with that name somewhere" but then they later found out it wasn't copyrighted and switched back.

Captain Planet was one of my favorite shows ever. I seem to have neglected sying that in my first so here it is. Oh yeah, I seem to remember being little and hearing that name, and thinking "Whoa thats weird" because I used to play Duke I (the sidescroller) a lot, and probably put 2 and 2 together. Of course I was a lot longer so I dont know for sure

We're the planeteers! you can be one to!
Coz' saving our planet is the thing to do!
Looting and polluting is not the way!
Hear what Captain Planet has to say!

THE POWER IS YOURS!

Actually I can remember the whole theme song... and damn is it cheesy.

Revenant100 said:

Heart was such a stupid power compared to FIRE and EARTHquake.

And all bow before bullet power.

Heh I remember that show, was fun when I was like 5...alot more fun than that evil purple THING.

Saving the planet is right and proper but it will never ever be cool.

That's why Captain Planet was so horribly painful in places.

pritch said:

I consider James Bond to be cool, and he saves the planet all the time.

Kristian Ronge said:

I consider James Bond to be cool, and he saves the planet all the time.

James Bond was cool... about 40 years ago.

Now he's about as cool as a fan-assisted oven.

Captain Red said:

We're the planeteers! you can be one to!
Coz' saving our planet is the thing to do!
Looting and polluting is not the way!
Hear what Captain Planet has to say!

THE POWER IS YOURS!

Actually I can remember the whole theme song... and damn is it cheesy.

Download it at the official site :P http://www.turner.com/planet/intro-song.html

Captain Planet was cool for kids, I remember. You guys just dont want to admit it, but stuff that seems corny now actually is really cool to little kids, including you when you were younger.

pritch said:

That's why Captain Planet was so horribly painful in places.

A truer word was never said, and that's why the Free Willy cartoon will never ever be remembered.

haha, pro-health pro-environment kids shows were the greatest tacky crap i've ever seen. Anyone remember BananaMan? oh boy. i remember in one ep the bad guy was a cream donut.

Captain Planet
He's a hero
Come to take pollution down to zero!

I think everyone remembers seeing this cartoon. I also remember GI-Joe when I was a kid.

Csonicgo said:

Captain Planet
He's a hero
Come to take pollution down to zero!

I think everyone remembers seeing this cartoon.

You think wrong - I've never seen, nor heard of Captain Planet before, thankfully.

pritch said:
James Bond was cool... about 40 years ago.

Now he's about as cool as a fan-assisted oven.

James Bond is a product of the Cold War (R.I.P) so of course he'll be terribly malplaced in space, India, or the Amazons or wherever the hell the moronic producers/script writers place him in today's movies. However, new Bond films in a Cold War era setting would absolutely fucking rule.

500th post, yay!

I'm not sure how this got on the topic of James Bond, but I think the reason it's not really working is that James Bond makes a terrible spy.

I mean, he's good at fighting, escaping from danger, improvising weapons, driving cars, and outsmarting villains.

He's terrible at sneaking around, though. He can't break into any place without shooting about four guards, and then run out with alarms blazing and being chased by hundreds of armed soldiers, just miraculously getting away when capture seems imminent.

He's a cool character, always blowing things up, defeating the villains, and getting the girl (or actually about three to twelve girls per movie) and fun to watch in an action sense, but he doesn't really belong in a spy movie.

I'll tell you, when I watched the Bourne Identity (The first one, not the sequel) I was left with the distinct impression that James Bond is a wuss.

Oh, and getting back on subject.
I feel sorry for kids who would play "Captain Planet" in the playground who never could get a full game going because no one was willing to be the kid with "Heart" power.

heart was ment for the gay children and people i guess. i dont know. i remember the show and i thought it was a bit amusing. however i prefered some GI joe and gonad the barbarian. I also remember watching the A-Team a shit load, but cant remember any of the details or even what it was about.

Hyena said:
I'll tell you, when I watched the Bourne Identity (The first one, not the sequel) I was left with the distinct impression that James Bond is a wuss.

Did you see the original "The Bourne Identity" from 1988 starring Richard Chamberlain? It's long but very true to the original (the novel).

Oh, and you make pretty solid points there (about JB), Hyena.

I love the GI JOE public service announcemnts parodies. Some of them are stupid, others are hysterical.

POTGIESSER said:

I love the GI JOE public service announcemnts parodies. Some of them are stupid, others are hysterical.

Porkchop sandwiches!

Oh SHIT! Get the fuck out of here! Go on! What are you doing? Get the fuck out of here, you stupid idiots! Fuck, we're all dead! Get the fuck out!