Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epistax

Doom Movie Info

DaJuice said:
Wow, way to lower the expectations, lol.

I think he's being pretty straightforward... hype based expectations are worse than a more critical perspective that could well end in a mildly pleasant surprise.

Doom Dude said:

Dave Callaham wrote an open letter to the Doom fans about the Doom Movie.
http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=28042

I'm still ticked about this whole Doom Movie crappage....

I feel a bit sorry for that guy - sure, it was naive of him to take the job and think that his work would be sent unspoiled to the big screen, but it still sucks for him to see his work raped and then, to add insult to injury, lots of dumb, gullible fanboys are slamming him for fouling up the movie.

STOP COMPLAINING JUST HIT EM WHERE IT HURTS AND DONT SEE IT. HOLLYWOOD depends on theatre revenue more than anything. IF no one sees it and it flops then they loose money BESIDES WAIT TILL IT COMES OUT ON DVD renting movies is cheaper than going to the show. nowadays the show is a rip off life 8-10 dollars fo a movie i could wait and rent the doom movie for 2 dollars or download it for free.
IF IT is as bad as they are predicting, just spread the word to boycott and we can all laugh when that dick who wrote it loses money and damages his career for fucking with the greatest game story ever told.
I HOPE IT IS SHAMEFULLY THROWN OUT THE WEEKEND IT GETS IN

I merged the above from a seperate thread. There's already a bunch of active doom movie threads. No need for more.

How are we supposed to know how bad it is if we dont see it?

"Because let's be honest here: as far as a completely immersive and cinematic experience, we were never going to top Doom 3 anyway, and we all knew that."

Damn, what a half-assed effort, they can't make a better movie than a video game (not that I don't like Doom 3).

Okay, this reminds me a lot of the Final Fantasy movie. I first saw it before I played the game. I liked it. However, the Final Fantasy fan-base did not. Now that I've played the games, I can see why. It's nothing like the games. At all. It's bizarre in every way.

But I still liked the movie.

Now, the Doom movie does sound like it sucks, in a royal fashion. But, if you're into this weird mutant-horror type of thing, then I'm going to offer you this advice:
Think of it as Mood, the backwards movie or something.

Don't put the name Doom to it and we have a reasonably respectable movie. If it's your thing, then why let the name stop you from enjoying it?

It may not be true to the games, but that's not what they're after. They want to make a movie and hope that it will be a success because of an already loyal fanbase.

Unconscious said:

For heavens sake, You people are so stupid.

How do you know it's going to be bad? How do you know that news was real? Maybe it will make a decent film?

No ones saying it will be "good" or "Bad" (although iits obvious that it will eb ANOTHER virus survival horror film, making it predicably bad) the problem is that its NOT DOOM. From what they OPENLY ADMIT the movie shares NO properties with the original doom therefore dishonestly cashing in on the fanbase

Besides the fact that it will be more idiotic crap the movie is WRONG for using doom - REGARDLESS OF HOW GOOD IT IS

Although, you are all aware that it was originially going to be like Doom, just Hollywood turned down the idea? It was never going to be a actual Doom movie, it is being based on the Doom universe, it said that in the first review.... And now you are all complaining? If you don't like it, don't see it, stop complaining.

I'm still going to see it, to see how it turns out.

ROLF! What a load of shit. Maybe they'll do the 3rd resident evil movie too, only with talking cats instead of zombies, and flowers instead of guns. (Who knows, it might be better than the other two, but I digress..) This is pretty much what they are doing. Is this rumor even verified?