Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Awesome Doom Movie News!!

According to a report on The Inquirer this morning, the Doom movie has undergone some totally bodacious plot rewrites which I am sure every Doom fan is going to just love. Says them:

The changes? Well, Doom won't be set on Mars. The monsters have nothing to do with Hell. Space marines are SWAT teams. The monsters will, apparently, be people mututated by a secret virus.

I know, cool huh? Remember though, this is the The Inquirer, they're not exactly above, well, lying.
EDIT by Bloodshedder: You might want to take a look at the report they're referring to, even if it's not in English.

"The monsters will, apparently, be people mututated by a secret virus."
can it get ANY worse?!

Wow. That's awesome!
lol

Seing how much Re2:The Movie raped the game, I hope I can resist myself from wondering how much this piece of shit will damage Doom's great name..

What the Hell did we do to deserve this? Honestly, can't films of games ever stay true to their sources!!!

Next thing we know, they will have removed the BFG because the name contains "fuck".

Dave Callaham, was keen to keep the atmosphere of the game intact whilst making some 'necessary' story changes. The changes? Well, Doom won't be set on Mars. The monsters have nothing to do with Hell. Space marines are SWAT teams. The monsters will, apparently, be people mututated by a secret virus.

I'm sorry but this is retarded. How the fuck are they suppose to keep Doom's atmosphere by adding a load of Living Dead/Resident Evil atmosphere? SWAT Teams.. oh good Lord..

TheDarkArchon said:

Next thing we know, they will have removed the BFG because the name contains "fuck".

bio force gun

Ling, did you just describe Resident Evil? Because I TOTALLY get the joke, I think, but then I see the others here COMPARING this description to Resident Evil and figure either they are really stupid or I'm missing something.

Why didn't you ever put that IQ test in front of the forum registration as a requirement?

The Inquirer said:

and the key plot point of Doom 3 is that the monsters in-game are Hellspawn

And the ones from Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom weren't?!

What do you expect when the only reason why a movie is made is that it's expected to attract lots of cash?

It's one of the rules of life: when something is turned into a movie after it's successful, the movie will always suck. It was true for the lord of the rings, and it'll be true for DOOM.

It's not about Mars, Doom2 was Hell on Earth It's about The Lone Marine v.s. The Hellspawn.. not some Swat Team Member v.s. Mutated People. I sincerely hope some angry imp will get to the studios and burn the damn thing down when they will be making that piece of shit.
I kinda wish some of those assholes would come here to read our comments, maybe they would learn something.

Sadly NMN, they don't give a fuck about what we think. They just wanna see how much money they can ring in. Too bad that, if this is true(and I kinda doubt it because a tabloid wrote it, they always lie), they would be losing alot of money.

He shits on our opinions then. I don't feel to good with that, do You?

i call bullshit. this is probably an elaborate dodge- misinformation on purpouse. been done before.

Nmn said:

Technically, he doesn't write what he wants. He writes what Money wants.

TheDarkArchon said:

What the Hell did we do to deserve this? Honestly, can't films of games ever stay true to their sources!!!

Just don't watch it and ignore the n00bs that will sprout their "In the movie it's like so and so..." bullshit.

It's not like they can surgically alter the games themselves - the games will always be great regardless of how much a dumb movie version craps on their reputation.

Oh and the BFG thing could be solved by replacing "Fuckin'" with "freakin'" - and even if they have called it the Bio Force Gun, they could still have them nickname it "Big Freakin' Gun" ('freakin' instead of 'fucking' if it's such a big problem).
Hell, they'll probably be retarded enough to leave out the chaingun, plasmagun and the chainsaw (though I could understand the chainsaw being left out).

It's most likely not his fault if it sucks - rather it'd be the Hollywood execs who would have stepped in and made all these dumbfuck alterations (and they will have made alterations even if these news are a piece of bs).