Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Schneelocke

Re: UV -fast definition

Isn't it? Then the info on the TAS webpage is wrong, which says:

And a few Ultra-Violence 100% kills/secrets -fast demos for Hell Revealed levels that were considered too difficult to be completed with -fast:

Level 23 in 20:21
Level 24 in 15:58
Level 26 in 21:54
Level 30 in 0:29
Level 32 in 5:06

Checking the demo with lmpc also seems to support this:

[
Version: 1.9
Skill: 4
Episode: 1
Map: 30
Fast: 7

Of course, what it's not is a max demo. My bad. ^^

Schneelocke said:

Isn't it? Then the info on the TAS webpage is wrong,

You are partially correct.
Since the first HR demoset, the completed (3 rockets into brain) speed demos were listed as max. That was maintained until HR was added at the Compet-N. There's a cool maxdemo by Altima on Map30 now.

Opulent said:

You are partially correct.
Since the first HR demoset, the completed (3 rockets into brain) speed demos were listed as max. That was maintained until HR was added at the Compet-N. There's a cool maxdemo by Altima on Map30 now.

Ah. ^^ I was mostly kinda confused by the fact that Grazza said it's not UV -fast. Probably a mistake on his side - I guess he meant max.

Schneelocke said:

I was mostly kinda confused by the fact that Grazza said it's not UV -fast. Probably a mistake on his side - I guess he meant max.

No. The compet-n category "UV -fast" is defined as "finishing the level as fast as possible, in Ultra Violence with the -fast parameter, killing every monster at least once, except lost souls, and 100% secrets."

Grazza said:

No. The compet-n category "UV -fast" is defined as "finishing the level as fast as possible, in Ultra Violence with the -fast parameter, killing every monster at least once, except lost souls, and 100% secrets."

So? The statement that the demo is not UV -fast is still misleading at best, and I myself think that it's outright wrong. The demo *is* UV and -fast, no matter what categories it falls into.

"UV -fast" means UV Max with -fast. I assumed you knew that. OK, you didn't, so be it.

If I had realized that, I would have spelt out in more detail exactly why hf30-029 would not be a valid UV -fast under current compet-n rules, and therefore was not relevant to the topic under discussion (i.e. whether Ryback's HR -fast pack could somehow be completed with the two missing maps, 23 and 30). I presumed you had seen the demo listed, but not actually watched it.

Incidentally, note that if the category "UV -fast" meant "just reach the exit on skill 4 with -fast", then the record for map26 would no doubt be 0:04 (like for NM).

Thread split and this branch closed, as I don't believe it is heading anywhere useful.