Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[Dev] Tormento & Torture 4 : Havoc

After 3 months of work and a maximum of 2 hours per week (thx to the hard work on KDIZD) I have finally something for you to taste ;)

The two shots show the second map, beyond the dark portal. The intense atmosphere is thrice as good as these screenshots can even show, you will love it!

Over at http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=453 you will see another screenshot with a very familiar place, just some minor changes ;)

If you have questions, feel free to ask. If you want to do some feedback, feel free to do so ;)

Kaiser said:

Screenshot 1 needs more detail :(

Yeah, more detail is needed on this upper Brick parts, the rest will come soon (because this room isn't finished, has no doors and openings in the surounding walls)

But thx for comments :)

Tormentor667 said:

Yeah, more detail is needed on this upper Brick parts, the rest will come soon (because this room isn't finished, has no doors and openings in the surounding walls)

But thx for comments :)

you know he was just joking, right?

I smell a matt dixon. :P

Csonicgo said:

you know he was just joking, right?

I don't think so. He the upper brick parts could easily use detail. They look very bland.
Otherwise, the level looks superb. I enjoyed the first in the series a lot.

Looks pretty cool, specially the meteor stuff. Hope that you add some more ammo this time.

Okay, here we have another WIP progress screenshot for all you TNT fans out there :)

You already know this shot, don't you?

Well, at the end of this room I finally added another slipgate which brings you much deeper in the evil heart of hell and progress on this next part is going very well :) Have a look:

So what do you see? Well, the player is looking through the "realtime portal" (idea by boris) and sees the other side from the room shown above. It is hotter, more hellish and more blasted than ever before and this large tower plays an important role over there :)
Some statistics on MAP02:
- Map is about 40% finished
- Detailing of these 40% are about 80% finished
- The Meteor Area needs more extra rooms
- The more hellish are shown above needs more quests and extras
Some more info on TNT4:
Well, I already recognized that the map needs a lot of cpu-power concerning all those meteors and also the large open wide but still detailed areas in mind... no idea what to do about this but I can't cut anything without reducing the atmosphere and else so I think this map will just be interesting for those persons with new machines... but don't get scared, it will run much faster then this other wad everyone complained of (with all the snow) :)

Tormentor667 said:

Some statistics on MAP02:
- Map is about 40% finished
- Detailing of these 40% are about 80% finished
- The Meteor Area needs more extra rooms
- The more hellish are shown above needs more quests and extras

Don't forget: "Every room needs a bajillion sectors" :P

Awesome! The TNT series rocks! And those Meteor's are sick looking. Can't wait to try this out.

In that latest shot the top of the skybox looks rather poopy. :/ I notice that often when trying to disguise the "ceiling".

Yeah... I also noticed that, but the problem is, if I scale it down again, it looks too "tiled". I would prefer to use a good "lavaish" warping sky texture with a high resolution instead but unfortunately I can't find one :(

**EDIT**
Did something to the skytexture, made it 256x256 and run some filter through the texture to add detail and quality, looks better now, much smoother :)

I like the flame walls. But yeah, you need to do something about that sky"box".

If you make a floor texture that's a solid red colour, then apply that to the ceiling and the walls of the skybox, it will be a solid, seamless red space. Then add your floating mid texture fire in a circle in that red box and it will look like the fire is burning in a red sky. I guess making a red ceiling and floor, then making the outter walls infinite horizon would yield the same results.

It should look like the first pic, but not as crappy.

[edit]Goddamnit, where are my pics?

Just when I though it was over t&t4 rears its ugly head. Now I can expect at least 2 days of my life spent killing off monster after monster. I cant wait. Tormentor667 I have all ways loved your doom maps. What is the body count so far for T&T4?

@Scuba - Thx for the idea but I don't want to have any red in there!

@RottingCorpse - Thx for your words, the feel good :) Conc. bodycount: None yet, I just work on the visuals of the map and place few enemies as dummies!

3 new screens:

Improved Sky and closer look to Setting 2

I like the carpet on the floors. It's a nice touch. Maybe its just the angle of the fist new shot but that area looks a little to square. Its still a bad ass looking level tho.

I like the first shot very much, especially the light gradient looks great!
The rocks could need some sloped edges though ;)