Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nmn

What kind of a Player are You?

What kind of a Player are You?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of a Player are You?

• Games are my life. I play sleep and eat.
    • They are my hobby, like going out or martial arts, etc.
    • I play only the great ones
    • I play rarely
    • I don\'t play games at all
    • I play them quite often.

Are games important in Your life? Do You find them as a hobby, or more? Do You prefer to spend time on games more than something else? C'mon, post Your opinions.

Myself-I like playing games from time to time, but by the computer I'm usually focusing on working and studying. I usually launch some quick action (Contra, Raiden, Combatribes, Doom, Street Fighter) game and spend 30 mins. It's a nice refreshment from all the work, however, sometimes I can find a cool RPG (like System Shock, Maten Densetsu) and it really sucks me in for 3-4 days :D Gotta be careful. Summary: Games are cool, but I work more by the CPU.

Lately I've been playing the big ones, and that's about it. I'm more into making music these days, which is even more time consuming.

I dip in occasioanlly these days, to take my mind off work. I don't have time to play anything loads, except maybe zdaemon when I'm at home.

I've been making 2D fighting games, such as Guilty Gear XX and Last Blade 2, quite a bit of a hobby lately. The Japanese highschoolers here are so incredibly good that I've made it a purpose to start beating them. I've done it twice...but never on Guilty Gear XX. They're just too damn good.

But yeah, games are more or less a hobby for me. I still play them pretty frequently.

That being said, I'd have to say I'm an oldschool player. I enjoy the older 2D style games, like Neo*Geo ones. I probably play more 2D fighters than most other games anymore, except Doom and DDR of course.

And of course, DDR is life.

I have some 20 favorite games that I play over and over again. And I never get tired of them.

Cheap and fun.

Usually I get engrossed in a game for a few days or even weeks. Then once I'm done with it, I often go for quite awhile before playing another.

Games are my life. I play sleep and eat.

Seriously, All I pretty much do is game myself, go on my computer, eat or sleep[Of course I have School too].Im a lowlife, and proud of it.

DoomDan said:

[Of course I have School too]

Same, San Andreas and Doom3 are making me fail.

See you at McDonalds. :(

Well -- I am the type of player that I lose a ton of sleep and my grades fall because I play. Gaming, and the culture that comes with it (internet friends, working on sites, etc) take up the majority of my life's time.

I guess you could say it's the biggest driving force in my life right now (not that it should be).

I see many of Your mentioning Your grades falling because of CPU's. What about Your familieis (parents/wife and kids) Don't they have any objections? Mine were close to blowing up my CPU literally :)

DD_133 said:

I play, sleep and eat. Nothing else. Ever.

No, You had some project coming up, right?

Given that I have never done any paid work that wasn't game-related, and have no complaints, I suppose I'd better say that games are my life. :)

Melfice said:

Hobby. I play all kinds of gaming. Magic, Warhammer40K, Video games, etc.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same for me, except replace Magic with D&D. I spend about half my free time gaming. THe other half I spend working on projects, reading, and going out and being social. I wouldn;t really call myself a gamer these days.

I almost never play games anymore. First of all, my computer is ancient and obsolete and can't really play much of anything that's come out in the last five years or so. Half Life (yes, the first one), barely even functions. Whenever I do have time to do something Doom-related, I use that time to work on mapping. Since school began a few months ago, though, that time has pretty much been reduced to nothing.

I've actually been playing a fair bit of games the past while. I can't ever see myself living without video games. Though I wouldn't say I live off them, they are a big part of me.

Nmn said:

No, You had some project coming up, right?

Bah, you people have some good memories. Yeah I do, i'm working on it now, but I shall not rant about it now. :D I'll post a thread when I actually start mapping on it...

But otherwise, I do what I said in my post above. ^_^

I've been playing Doom Shareware episode since it was released. I can play episode one in my head. I don't need anything. Heck, I still even have my old shareware disk (AND IT WORKS!!! CIRCA 1993!!) I also still have the original Doom floppies. Those 5 floppies that you install.

I try to play as much as I can, but the older I get the less time I have to play, and the less money I can put up for them. I'm very behind in the console scene...

Use3D said:

I try to play as much as I can, but the older I get the less time I have to play, and the less money I can put up for them. I'm very behind in the console scene...

I'm a few years back myself, the last game I bought was Sonic Adventure, I am extremely stingy but it was a game I had to get.