Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

TNT4 Screenshots

Bah KDIZD. I've yet to see anything impressive from that. I've tried the E1m8 map. It was ok, but not impressive.

/me fumbles around for the drooling emoticon.. then remembers doomworld aint got none... then drools anyway

kristus said:

Bah KDIZD. I've yet to see anything impressive from that. I've tried the E1m8 map. It was ok, but not impressive.

o_O
You are one tough bastard to impress :)

But don't worry, the E1m6 I'm working on will surely blow Ya away ;)

kristus said:

It is not just one map, which makes the impressive thing, it's the complete project at all!

kristus said:

I must (half) agree with kristus. Some areas are looking pretty nice. E1M7 start area with the lava for instance. I wouldn't say it's overly "impressive", but I'm sure it'll make a good wad once it's done(TM?). Those "new monsters" ruin the whole thing for me, though. So annoying to fight :(

Shaviro said:

Those "new monsters" ruin the whole thing for me, though. So annoying to fight :(

Despite being a member of the development team I must agree :( Altough it was discussed right at the beginning of the project, thus we decided to keep them.

I think I'm a map or two behind in this series but I always enjoy them. Looks great!

Instead of simply criticizing, why not volunteer to help us improve and finish the project?

NiGHTMARE said:

Instead of simply criticizing, why not volunteer to help us improve and finish the project?

You can't join every project that doesn't impress you 100%

I'm pretty sure neither me nor Shaviro have the time for another project. I already have more projects of my own than I got time for (Phobos being the main time consumer of my hobbie projects), and Shaviro got both Phobos and RTC to worry about.

Besides if I knew any of it and had the aspiration to edit Zdoom, I'd probably be mapping away for Hub2 of RTC. :p

/me is a RTC fanboy. OMG!

NiGHTMARE said:

Criticizing = help to improve.

I see people's work criticized constantly all around those forums - many times it's much more harsh than the little bit of criticism you have faced so far. If you can't deal with a little bit of criticism, what's the point of showing off your work anyway? It's not like they're slagging off what you've done.

I thought you would be one of those people who'd know this already Nighty.

If people point out negative things about your stuff, go and improve on them instead of complaining, that's what everybody else does.

Shaviro/Kristus: I never said you should join. I said you could "help us improve and finish the project" - betatesting, or even just offering some feedback we can actually use ourselves would fall under that category. Saying you don't like something doesn't help us to improve anything - we need to know why you don't like it, else we can't possibly do anything about changing your minds.

dsm: Most of the criticism offered around here is done after a project has been released, and even then only constructive criticism is welcomed by the DW community - those people offering non-constructive criticism are often (usually?) flamed.

No constructive criticism has been provided in this thread, but I won't go so far as to start flaming people. But just think: how can we take "I've yet to see anything impressive from that" and use it to improve anything?

If we already knew what it was that needed to be improved, it would have already been done (as long as it's within reason, of course)...

let's just go back into our zdoom hole... everyone here's sloowly converting to jdoom and legacy, so let's leave this place of evil. :P

Nick: I admit my critics wasn't very constructive. It was more a reply to Nmn's claims that KDIZD is the hottest thing since sliced bread and I don't agree.

I could check the screenshots and give comments on them on what could be improved. But usually when I give constructive critics or suggestions I just get ignored anyway so I am getting a bit cranky about the whole thing. Also, for me it usually is enough for someone to say that it's not all that great for me to look at it again and see what I can do better.

I also really don't have time to betatest either. It takes a whole lot of time and I can't spare a second these days. (Damn school weighing me down, I don't have time to do my homework even.)

A terrible secret changed engine from Doom3 to Half Life 2 and I still haven't got any kudos for the fistclapping attack animation of the afrit in that monster pack. I'm in a lousy mood today.

Csonicgo said:

let's just go back into our zdoom hole... everyone here's sloowly converting to jdoom and legacy, so let's leave this place of evil. :P

Yeah, that happens when somethings better than something else, people tend to migrate to the better thing.

Which explains why there are ten times more ZDoom users than JDoom and Legacy users combined.

Melfice said:

Yeah, that happens when somethings better than something else, people tend to migrate to the better thing.

Best Doom related joke of the month...

First of all, no flames anyone, let's have some talking.

kristus said:

Nmn's claims that KDIZD is the hottest thing since sliced bread and I don't agree.

Kristus-I've never said it's The Hotest. It's one of the hotest. In my humble opinion, the quality of some maps (e1m4 for instance-over 4k sectors!) could stand up against even RTC in terms of architecture, meaning it's AS GOOD AS Rtc, and both are elite :p

You claimed Yourself You haven't played the full thing yet, so please hold Your breath on the whole project. Once it is released, then I believe You'll be amazed. Then again, I could be wrong in Your case. (cuz it's hard to amaze You ;]

Dsm-look at the comments mate. We have recieved ZERO constructive criticism, with the exception of new monsters, which I explained. "go and improve them"-ofcourse, but first, tell us, WHAT to improve :|
Shortcut:
-it's ok, but not impressive
-Then tell me what to do to make it impressive. Help us here (with comments)
-I have my own project and I can't help You.

We would greatly appreciate a couple of tips from such great mappers as Shaviro or Kristus, but we haven't recieved them so far.

/offtopic: a lot of people have no time because they get hooked up by Doom3 or Half-life2. One of the reasons why I don't have these games :] Where to get inspiration from then? Not only games inspire IMO...

Number of sectors does not equal a quality map (and you could cut down greatly the number of sectors in that E1M4 by joining some of the redundant sectors with identical properties :oP). I had a quick look at some of the KDIZD maps and they look pretty good. I'm always a bit dubious of these maps that try to recreate Episode 1 though, but I'll wait and see what it's like finished. Personally I do like some of the monsters (though that Baron variant which fires 3 flaming skulls out of it's head is daft).

Regarding TNT. The screenies look nice and I like those meteors. In shot 1 it looks like they are part of the skybox, whilst in shot3 it looks like they are part of the gameplay proper? And for the love of God don't use railgun zombies at distance which you can't see or hear as in TNT:LE. It's not big or clever.