Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mewse

Foreverhood Screenshots

The Foreverhood site has been updated with some screenshots from this upcoming surrealist wad for ZDoom. There will be a demo release in May or hopefully late April.

After almost a month of style work, I can safely say that the badlands has re-defined my expectations of what can be done within a doom environment.

Seems interesting.

That's insane. It eats anything Tim Burton has ever dreamed up for breakfast.

He should write a screenplay.

I wouldn't go so far as to call that a fractal (even if based off one), but it is very impressive.

Very impresive. It looks amazing, now let's hope that it's as fun.

Scuba Steve said:

Foreverhood has the potential to be the best Doom mod ever.

Seconded.

framereates not too bad actually, its being developed on a pII 355mhz system with 256 megs of ram and i'm still pulling in a playable framerate.

The earliest rendition of this mod used things instead of the levels architecture. I had 3566 things within a 1024 X 2056 area. That, was a bad idea.

A fractal isn't just a pretty-looking geometric design. It has to be subdivided into parts that look like the whole, which means there must be self-similarity. I don't see much (if any) of that in the screenshot.

This mod looks fantastic, and delightfully original. Reminds me a little of the Nightmare Before Christmas, with the strange characters.

Can't wait to see this thing!

Bloodshedder said:

A fractal isn't just a pretty-looking geometric design. It has to be subdivided into parts that look like the whole, which means there must be self-similarity. I don't see much (if any) of that in the screenshot.

Dangit Bloodshedder, I wanted him to explain it!

Bloodshedder said:

There is no self similarity, i make sure of that (it makes for a more interesting level) Instead the level winds around its-self, decending in height so it gives the feel your walking around a very small amount of land that at one point had a lot more structure to it.

I posted the screenshot of the map origionally to show my teacher the advantage of mapping with a wacom tablet instead of a mouse. The result is an incorporation of my drawing skills into the maps layout. (which gives it a very organic feel to it)

Ultraviolet, insulting people over the internet is the equivalent to making fun of your imaginary friends. Try not to debase an argument with logical fallacies.

I see resemblance of fractals, some of you don't; different people, different premises.

Doom Marine said:

I see fractals, some of you don't; different people, different premises.

Dangit this isn't a "Magic Eye" poster. There either are fractals or there are not. And they are not fractals.

Scuba Steve said:

Dangit this isn't a "Magic Eye" poster. There either are fractals or there are not. And they are not fractals.

That's a subjective opinion, really. I pointed to the definition of a fractal, and based on the definition given above, I concluded that they are fractals, furthermore, my opinion is as subjective as anyone else's.

You insist that your perspective is correct... and you are correct working within your paradigm, but I am also perfectly logical in my paradigm that I see fractals.

Now, the argument can be perpetual like this:

A: It's a fractal.
B: I don't see it.

Which brings me back to my conclusion: I agree that we disagree.

Agree to disagree, oh how I hate this phrase. It's as bad as "Well, I have my own opinion." This is like debating Evolution with some people, They tell me "Well we just have different opinions about it then" Durr... of course we do, but that doesn't stop them from being dead wrong. You may THINK you see fractals, in that sense your "agree to disagree" is different from mine, but you're still dead wrong.

dude, the definition of a fractal is not open for debate. a fractal is a shape that is made up of smaller shapes that are exactly the same as the larger one and it continues on forever like that. there is no room for opinion here. it's like if I tried to argue that the letter 'O' is square. It's just not. You can't 'agree to disagree' because that screenshot is not a fractal.

I mean, you can, but you'd be wrong. there's nothing subjective about something being a fractal or not.

Doom Marine said:

Ultraviolet, insulting people over the internet is the equivalent to making fun of your imaginary friends. Try not to debase an argument with logical fallacies.

I see fractals, some of you don't; different people, different premises.

I'm afraid we're going to have to just agree to disagree on that! You're a fucking moron and I'm right. If you can't see that, well... we'll just have to agree to disagree. Fucktard.

BTW, you have a stupid username. Doom Marine? Fucking retard.

Also, just you try and point out which "logical fallacy" I allegedly "used." Dipshit.

Sign in to follow this