Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

a good idea

i think we should hold a contest soon to test our game makeing abilities. People here should get together and form teams to creat a game from scratch based on the doom engin, or heavily modified doom engin. We could use any resources out there for doom, and limits on other resources like newer game code, but the code could be mimiced. It could be about anything, but i would like to see doom based spin offs like a doom RPG. I think this would also give the doom community more attention from the gameing public, that is if we really worked on it and showed an interest. I can't program but i can map and model, as well as minor things. I feel we should get together and see who can make the best and most original game from scratch useing the doom engine/doomport code. I would also have to say a time limit between 8 and 16 months to finish the game. It would be kickass if someone got this message to someone who could host this, and give out grerat prises to the winners. I would like to head up a team or be a member of such a team. If u are interested spread news, and a request for such a contest, also email me if u would like to join my team or start a team.

Well, this sounds good but I think it would be illegal. The DOOM engine is property of ID software, DOOM is property of ID software and blah blah blah...all in all, you (and the teams) could end up getting A)Asked to shutdown B)Failing to shutdown, you would all be sued.

it could be based on doom, but would need permision or new graphics. also the doom engine is under the GNU, i think thats right, which i believe means it is freeware( the engine) and it can be used by us as long as we give them credit