Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
S1lent

WoW or EQ2?

I've heard this question over and over again and I thought I might get the opinions of the MMORPG fans here.

Which is better regardless of money or what kind of system you run, strictly game quality, World of WarCraft or EverQuest 2?

If I had to choose this very second, I'd go with Warcraft. EQ2 seems extremely nerdy.

everquest has the impressoin of being very queer and carebearish from all the time ive played UO

Goat said:

everquest has the impressoin of being very queer and carebearish from all the time ive played UO

Funny... one of the main reasons I stayed away from the Blizzard series was because of how it looked like a queer version of SimCity. Around then I was into straight-up murder simulation.

I wouldn't play EQ2, either... the more I read, the more I'm convinced they're both crap.

Numbermind said:

Funny... one of the main reasons I stayed away from the Blizzard series was because of how it looked like a queer version of SimCity.

???

Anyway, I'd go with World of Warcraft. It's definitely the prettiest MMORPG I've ever seen. So much detail and work went into that. It also looks fun as Hell to play. At first level, you can just wander around the map to gain experience points instead of having to fight monsters right off the bat.

Numbermind said:

Funny... one of the main reasons I stayed away from the Blizzard series was because of how it looked like a queer version of SimCity. Around then I was into straight-up murder simulation.

I wouldn't play EQ2, either... the more I read, the more I'm convinced they're both crap.

hah, im not playing wow either.

thing is, i dont think ill ever play another MMORPG after UO.

My brother is addicted to Everquest 2, and my best friend addicted to World of Warcraft. I probably wouldn't bother playing either of them. The last thing I need is another vice.

Has anyone here played both and can give me a review for them? I just don't want to fork over the money for a game that's not as good as the other...

Is EverQuest anything close to the goodness that is Morrowind?

how about which ever one you DON'T have to pay to play. honestly you buy the game and then you have to pay to play it, that is nothing but pure bull shit.

I am sure you have to pay to play everquest, not sure about world of warcraft. now i can understand paying for a service that works for other games, but not for a single title. maybe a service that allows all MMORPG's, then i could see paying and would most likly do so. not gonna pay to play each title, nope i dont give in like that. no matter how good a game is.

WoW is different depending on what plan you get. If you get a 6-month plan, it's 12.95. If it's a 3 month plan, than it's 13.95. Finally, if it's a 1 month plan, it's 14.95. But, you get the first month free.

Actually, though paying to play it is kinda lame, it is necessary because the company needs the money to maintain the server that everyone is playing on. Broadmand isn't free ya know, and the sales profits don't cover it all that well.

Sephiroth said:

how about which ever one you DON'T have to pay to play. honestly you buy the game and then you have to pay to play it, that is nothing but pure bull shit.

I don't agree. When people are paying for the game they take it more seriously and you lose the idiot crowd like on Diablo 2 and WC3, people who have nothing to lose by being total assholes. And like S1lent said, the servers are better maintained and game content can be updated more frequently.

for the low low price of only $5 a month I will gladly come to your house and kick you in the nuts and then lock you in your room while your friends and family abandon you

I watched my friedn play some moe WoW tonight. He showed me some screnshots of his Human Paladin (an Alliance character) sitting on the throne of Lorderon, which is supposed to be one of the Horde strongholds. Apparently, he just walzed into the undead capitol, marched into the throne room , sat there, and watched as various Horde characters just walked on past him seemingly oblivious. Apparently he's the first person to attempt this feat. :D

God, this game is so good, it's almost pushing me from my social anxiety problem so I can get a job to pay for this masterpece. Oh the irony.

I'd rather put a bullet in me brain than to live for a fucking online role playing game. There's this species of human known as females and your time is much better spent on them than this virtual world of bullshit.

POTGIESSER said:

I'd rather put a bullet in me brain than to live for a fucking online role playing game. There's this species of human known as females and your time is much better spent on them than this virtual world of bullshit.

I disagree. I spent the last 5 years of my life spending time with females and in every instance it ended in heartbreak and horror. Females were put on this Earth to destroy the rest of us, I swear.

Cyb said:

for the low low price of only $5 a month I will gladly come to your house and kick you in the nuts and then lock you in your room while your friends and family abandon you

n1

Danarchy said:

I disagree. I spent the last 5 years of my life spending time with females and in every instance it ended in heartbreak and horror. Females were put on this Earth to destroy the rest of us, I swear.

You might as well declare yourself either a homosexual or an utter failiure, take your pick.

POTGIESSER said:

You might as well declare yourself either a homosexual or an utter failiure, take your pick.

wtf i clicked edit?

maybe he found the bitches of town? thats all thats left in my town.

POTGIESSER said:

Probably the latter. I mean, seriously what the fuck. Apparently telling a guy he's cute, sitting on his lap, giving him hugs all the time, asking for pictures of him, offering sex, and offering to give him a handjob mean "I hate you so much that I'm going to leave town to live with soem guy I just met just to get away from you" in woman language. I fucking hate them all.

Just because they show interest in you and want to fuck you, doesn't mean they love you and want to spend the rest of their existence with you. Women are strange beings. They can be cruel. They can't be taken seriously, and the damage they've do sure as hell shouldn't be dwelled upon. The only therapy is another relationship of some kind. I guess it's why I appreciate the ones that don't bother me the next day.

You don't want to get either of them. You have pay to play the game even after buying the game from the store. It's a complete ripoff and highly suggest you stay away from those type of games charging monthly fee's and shit.

POTGIESSER said:

Just because they show interest in you and want to fuck you, doesn't mean they love you and want to spend the rest of their existence with you. Women are strange beings. They can be cruel. They can't be taken seriously, and the damage they've do sure as hell shouldn't be dwelled upon. The only therapy is another relationship of some kind. I guess it's why I appreciate the ones that don't bother me the next day.

But when it happens every fucking year, girl after girl you really have to wonder what the bloody fuck the point of it all is.

It's much easier and more satisfying if YOU are the asshole in the relationship. Just as long as you fuck them enough, they will put up with whatever bullshit you throw at them. I don't condone beating, so anything short of that is OK. Plus, years later, you can turn back into your "sensitive" self, and she'll feel all proud for having "changed" you. And that's how you get a lifer.

Trust me on this one.

After playing the European Closed Beta for the past week or so, I can safely say that WoW blows away all competition.

It is simply incredible.

I agree that there are some pretty sad people out there who spend all their time everyday playing an MMORPG. I can understand it in that most MMORPGs are very addicting, but it only lasts for so long. I mean, it's completely normal to play a new game a whole bunch right when you get it, you want to see the map and the stuff and the weapons etc... But to go on for a long long time isn't usually good. If you do than fine, but I don't think I'd spend every waking moment doing it to the point where I go blind because of me staring at my screen.

I mainly want WoW because I know a few people who play it.. But I like WoW's sense of realism (looks) than WarCraft with it's WarCraft 3 graphics. I'll probably get WoW because I already know people who are playing it... but has anyone here played EQ2?

Numbermind said:

It's much easier and more satisfying if YOU are the asshole in the relationship. Just as long as you fuck them enough, they will put up with whatever bullshit you throw at them. I don't condone beating, so anything short of that is OK. Plus, years later, you can turn back into your "sensitive" self, and she'll feel all proud for having "changed" you. And that's how you get a lifer.

Trust me on this one.

That all just runs completely against my nature. I can't even think that way. It just doesn't work. I can be a horrible bastard of a egotist, but whenever someone calls me on it, I break down and confess my assholity which really doesn't help that image at all.

What can change the nature of a man?