Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unconscious

GTKRADIANT ERROR

Well, its the alternative for the D3 editor, because that one was screwey, when I launch up GTKRADIANT I get a error saying:

./qgl.cpp:1179
assertion failure: pointer "extensionFunc" is null
Please report this error to the developers

What the hell? How can I fix? this is the only editor I can find that isn't built in... HELP.

First tell me why you want to avoid using the oringinal editor? What exactly is wrong with it?
I never used GTK, but from what I've seen, its still very buggy and still incomplete. If you want to edit Doom3, I strongly recomend using the built in editor.

Oh yeah, this belongs in the editing section.

It just keeps crashing, restarting my computer, AND I'm not allowed to use it... I have to do all the editing on my compuer, not on my dads.

Im afraid there are no other editors. If the built-in one is restarting your machine, it could be a crazy driver issue. Try updating (if you havent done so already). Also, please do not double-post.

I'm not allowed to use it anyway, I have to do all my editing on the PC in my room, which specs are not quite high enough for Doom 3.

well, if your specs aren't that high enough for running Doom3, then its more likely you won't be able to use the editor, since it uses doom3's hardware.

... It Should work, because I can edit Q3, all it is, is making levels for another game..............................................................

All I can say is avoid using GTK, the built in editor is highly recomended.

Just in case if you don't know already, here is the proper way to set up the edtior:

1() Create a shortcut to Doom3.exe
2() right click, then properties of the shortcut
3() Under target, make sure you add this:

C:\Doom3\doom3.exe +r_fullscreen 0 +r_mode 4 +r_samples 0  +vid_restart
Change the Doom3.exe directory if its different than the one above.

If you STILL get errors when the editor loads, type in vid_restart again in the console. Good luck.

Unconscious said:

I'm not allowed to use it anyway, I have to do all my editing on the PC in my room, which specs are not quite high enough for Doom 3.

Looks like I am stumped. Either you manage to upgrade your PC or don't use the editor at all.

Post your specs of your current computer.

AMD Athlon Processor, MMX, 3DNow, 1.2 GHz
Memory: 224 MB RAM

GFX CARD INFO

Name: SiS 650/651/M650/740
Chip Type: SiS 740 REV 00

Now, can someone actually answer my question, WHAT is wrong? Instead of all the crap about "use the built on editor".

obvisously, its your video card. You'll have to replace it. Check the system requirements for Doom3..

Should be on the box

I also don't think you have enough memory either. You need at least 384mb of ram.

I don't want, or need to update my computer, my dad one plays D3 fine... I'm just not allowed to do the editing on it!

GTKRADIANT used to work. It just doesn't with the newest version...