Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Psyonisis

Dimebag Darrell shot dead

yeah, I read about this on sa...their thread just went nuts. This sucks.

/now playing Floods

This year shall be known as the year of the dead musician. Ray Charles, John Balance, that guy from that one indie band, and now these guys. Wait, that was stupid.

[22:33] <GooberMan> hello, my name is dimebag darrell. ironically, I am now a cowboy from hell. aren't I funny?

rofl@darknation

This shooting is getting a HUGE fucking segment on CNN right now. Bigger than the one about troops in Iraq not having armor, even. Why?

If you were in government and wanted to enforce a police state, you'd probably want to monitor subversive venues -- rock concerts, things like that. Consider that the USSR actually banned "rock & roll." You could send a gunman to a concert where a major band or people in a major band are playing, kill one of them, and have a cop heroically save the day. "Hooray," say the people, "we should have cops at every concert" where subversive "terrorist" activity could take place.

Just a thought, a possibility. Not an accusation, per se.

Fuck, I just heard our fucktard government is gonna make butane lighters illegal on planes.

Danarchy said:

This year shall be known as the year of the dead musician. Ray Charles, John Balance, that guy from that one indie band, and now these guys. Wait, that was stupid.

RICK JAMES!

Ultraviolet
If you were in government and wanted to enforce a police state, you'd probably want to monitor subversive venues -- rock concerts, things like that. Consider that the USSR actually banned "rock & roll." You could send a gunman to a concert where a major band or people in a major band are playing, kill one of them, and have a cop heroically save the day. "Hooray," say the people, "we should have cops at every concert" where subversive "terrorist" activity could take place.

there are supposed to be cops at shows anyways.

Those aren't cops, they're security guards. And I don't think they are actualy required at all, it's just that venues and such hire them to protect their assets and whatnot.

Danarchy said:

Those aren't cops, they're security guards. And I don't think they are actualy required at all, it's just that venues and such hire them to protect their assets and whatnot.

well i'm not sure about clubs and such, but i've set up my own shows for the past five years. maybe it's just massachusetts, but you're always supposed to get a detail to cover the show.

I never did listen to Pantera much. It's probably not a good time to, as the poser crowd will probably start to come out soon. Oddly enough, artists I actually listen to don't get shot. Although I do enjoy a bit of Run DMC now and then.

/me wonders how many people want to shoot reznor though.

Either way, I think mishaps like this could be used to get people to allow "cultural enforcement" -- an elimination of "subversive" venues, places people might get shot, anything "wild," a counter to "youth culture" and such.

That is fucking scary. I was sposed to go to that concert with a friend of mine...

I think im going to go punch stuff now.

I think its really unfortunate that this guy was let past security. At all the metal shows I've been at we've had to let the body guard dudes check us out for weapons; how do you not notice a pistol of all things.

Anyway, it really sucks that he's dead. Pantera was one of the first cool heavy metal bands I really got into. He will be sorely missed.

I live in Columbus. The local rock station (99.7 the blitz) has talked about it ALL day. Taking phone calls and recapping the story. Everyone keeps talking about it. Its all you hear. Its really really starting to piss me off.

same around here the local radio stations have been playing nothing but pantera. can't say i really listened to much pantera, but still it sucks he was gunned down like that.

of the concerts i have been too i don't reacll many police or even security guards.

i would see CNN giving this more coverage over rumsfeild being made look like an ass. even if just to save from critsism and embarrassment.

This totally sucks. Pantera was a big influence with my music back then, and Damageplan was proving to be just as big. A very sad day indeed.

Dittohead said:

On topic: I think its really unfortunate that this guy was let past security. At all the metal shows I've been at we've had to let the body guard dudes check us out for weapons; how do you not notice a pistol of all things.

The piece of shit snuck in through the back, AFTER the bouncers turned him away...

That's why they were chasing him in the first place. Not because they knew he had a gun, but because he snuck into the venue.

He then made his way onto the stage via the back, and thats where it all unfolded...

This shit sucks man, sucks bigtime.

RIP - Darrell (Dimebag) Abbott. You'll be missed man!

ventnor said:

well i'm not sure about clubs and such, but i've set up my own shows for the past five years. maybe it's just massachusetts, but you're always supposed to get a detail to cover the show.

Having been to about two or three dozen shows in my life (all of them in Washington state), I can tell you I've never seen any cops working at any shows ever. The only cops I see are the ones who circle round the goth/industrial shows while we're queueing up, looking at us "suspicious folk". But having never worked behind the scenes at these places, i can't be a complete authority, so I guess I'll take your word for it.

Jeze. I didn't listen to Pantera or anything but this sucks. I feel sorry for the guys who got killed. I go to lots of rock concerts, sorta puts me off it now.

Stealthy Ivan said:

This sux... Pantera was a really kick ass metal band. The shooter needs to get fucked up in prison.

The shooter was shot down by a cop.The person who shot down Dime is dead and thats the only death that happened that Im proud of.

to those of you missing replies who were not merely bystanders in what was quite an awful derail, please exhibit in the future an ability to think before you post and the maturity not to troll, of all things, an obituarity thread for someone idolized by many.

i was not influenced by dimebag's playing but find the senseless murder of a respetable artist disheartening nonetheless. there is good news for the fans however, vinnie paul is fine. he issued a statement to the press a couple days after the shooting.