Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

At Doom's Birthday

I got this funny/weird/whatever idea three days ago while at work. It stuck in my head the rest of the day so that when I got home, I felt it'd be a shame if I passed up on the opportunity to present this idea.

It's probably full of nice, meaty, tasty errors for the critics to tear apart and it's not shaded, because time is not really a big luxury of mine these days and I was on the clock with this one if I were to complete it on time for the birfday, but I didn't strive as much for image quality on this one like I usually do (mostly).

So, welcome, dear guest, to Doom's Birthday.

And I see that the Bluesonnet already spotted it, before I posted this thread :-P

/edit: I plan on touching it up and expanding on it for next year.

Seriously cool. :) I especially like the way You represented Marine's and Baron's faces-they look straight out from Doom. Great job.

Nmn said:

I especially like the way You represented Marine's and Baron's faces-they look straight out from Doom. Great job.

It also took me 10-11 years to get the Doomguy's face looking this true-to-the-original - I've done countless drawings/sketches of the Doomguy's face and he has never really looked right in any of them.

Guess it was a good decision of mine to take a good, long break (lasting several years) from trying to copy the marine's face :-P

dsm said:

And I see that the Bluesonnet already spotted it, before I posted this thread :-P

Yeah i was checking my messages when that one suddenly showed up. It deserves to be faved :)

Just finished a 11-year doom pic myself, though i don't think it deserves a new thread.

dsm said:

It also took me 10-11 years to get the Doomguy's face looking this true-to-the-original - I've done countless drawings/sketches of the Doomguy's face(...)

Really? o_O
Maybe we should take a closer look at his face and understand some stuff, it would be easier for us (I say as in "we" because I've been planning to make Taggart's face for one of my runner-up projects.. ) From what I see his eyes are kinda spread, his jaw is wide but a bit rounded. His facial muscles (namely bucinators, "unhappy muscles", jaw muscles) aren't that much exposed like in let's say- Ahnuld's face-thus he doesn't have too much "bumps and holes". His nose is kinda wide and roundy, not sharp, and rather straight. I think I'm getting the picture :)

predat0rian said:

LOL, thats funny! It looks like after all these years the doom guy and hell are finally coming closer together.

What do you mean? After the "filming" and programming, they always hang out in the Id studios' mess and have a cold one and a friendly chat ;-)

I love it. don't trust that pinky, and the Caco taking it in the eye..nice touch. ya the doom guys face is bafaling cuase his profile or at least when he looks to the side, is very odd looking :)

keep em coming :)

Shapeless said:

I love it. don't trust that pinky, and the Caco taking it in the eye..nice touch.

Did you notice the little "cocktail" that Mr. L. Soul is preparing for Mr. Pinky? ;-)

say Nmn what do you mean making target's face as one of your runner up projects? you mean as a sculpture? I've found that he resembles jean cluad Van dame :)