Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. T

Doom movie idea

This is probably the most beaten-to-death topic ever, but I think they should make it like Evil Dead or something instead of trying to make a serious movie. Think more DOOM-comic style than DOOM 3.

Your thoughts?

I think it should be a serious movie because Doom is supposed to be a serious game and the movie is based on the game...

Good point, but I don't think that Doom is the kind of game that would translate well into a serious movie.

You're huge. That means you have HUGE GUTS!!! Rip and tear, RIP AND TEAR!!

Doom is serious business.

I agree it would work out best as a gruesome, violent and sometimes humorous movie. Not a thriller or a suspense driven horror flick.

Tell you what, if I don't hear somebody shout the whole "Man And A Half" bit, or at the very least, "Might Makes Light," it's going to suck.

But then, that's what I said about the upcoming Fat Albert movie (where it'd suck if he didn't say "Hey, hey, hey" - but my guess is, it's gonna suck anyway).

Mancubus II said:

You're huge. That means you have HUGE GUTS!!! Rip and tear, RIP AND TEAR!!

Doom is serious business.

Tell you what, if I don't hear somebody shout the whole "Man And A Half" bit, or at the very least, "Might Makes Light," it's going to suck.

Let's get one thing straight:
Doom comic =! DOOM (the games)

If any of the abovementioned lines are as much as seen written in the movie, it'd not only be stupid but it'd instantly ruin Doom's reputation even more than an already lameass Hollywood movie would ruin it.

(And I don't believe you're serious either).

And as for a Doom movie that's humourous ED style, my answer would be "no", because then it'd seem like that turd of a Doom comic and not like Doom at all.
They should rather make it Aliens-style, but much more evil and hellish.

dsm said:

They should rather make it Aliens-style, but much more evil and hellish.

Come to think of it-I always prefered to think of the hellspawn as "Aliens" that invaded Earth, rather than demons.

Infinite Ammunition said:

you know what we really need?

a heretic movie

If it spanned the entire story through Hexen, I'd go for it. We haven't gotten a good "blow lots of stuff up with magic n shit" movie since... hell, I don't remember. Have we ever?

This is just my personal opinion:

Though I'm sure that the thought of an upcoming movie about Doom (or some other video game, for that matter) would be exciting, I've always wondered whether or not people would have greatly anticipated or enjoyed the movie because they would truly have thought the movie is great in quality, or if their huge compliments towards the movie are simply because they are so full of joy with the fact that one of their beloved video games has made its way to the big screen. Except for those who have always been a fan of watching practically non-stop, aggressive, tense, rambo-style action, perhaps the only good ratings given to this movie (assuming it is all that similar to the game) will be a product of how happy people will be that a video game was made into a movie, plus with maybe some euphoria knowing that more of the world will be able to know about Doom itself.

Does this make sence?