Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Murphy

How do I kill the big fellas???

I'm sure that this one has been raised. In Delta Labs Sector 4 when you walk into a room and the bad bald guy calls on 2 big monster types to pop out of a big light etc (after throwing some poor lab fella aside). Rockets won't do it. Nothing else works. Can't get past.

help me kill!!

Just keep shooting them [they're Hell Knights] and try to aim at their head to kill them faster and dodge the Green Fireballs.I used a Chaingun at that part.

Cheers Doomdan, have tried about 50 times. Can't even take down one of them in the 1.4 seconds it takes before they blow me away. This looks like the end of the line. Sure there is no way to get of this room or bypass this?

No, you have to get through it.

Hold down the sprint button and weave around them. Don't get too close, and just keep firing now matter what.

Murphy said:

Cheers Doomdan, have tried about 50 times. Can't even take down one of them in the 1.4 seconds it takes before they blow me away. This looks like the end of the line. Sure there is no way to get of this room or bypass this?

Back up to the railing fartherst away from the portal - run forward briefly whenever they toss their green fireballs, then backpedal once the fireball(s) has/have cleared your head (that's the first step in learning how to dodge Hell Knight fireballs - but generally make yourself as hard a target to hit as possible and stay far away from the impact area of those fireballs).

When the Hell Knights get too close, back up to the railing and jump while backpedaling to clear the railing and get to the other side of it, and now the Hell Knights will have to walk around the railing to get to you, which should buy you some more time (but try to avoid that they surround you and take you from each side - try to get them both to go after you from the same side).

It'd also make things easier for you if you get the BFG 9K before you get to Delta level 4 - it's in Delta Sector 2A in an office that's locked by door code 931 (actually, it's 901, but the '0' has been replaced by a '3').

When you're good enough, you can take them on with weapons less powerful than the rocket launcher - I often like to nail them with the chaingun.

Oh and it also helps to get a good idea of the layout of the room - try and play the map without focusing on those Hell Knights. Just run around and try to get an idea of how the room is designed, then you'll be better able to navigate it and throw off those Hell Knights.

Hope that works.

You obviously never got the BFG. Sucker.:p JUst try running around them and blasting themwith the biggest guns you have or do what I do and charge in close and hit them with the Shotgun then charge out before they can hit you back. I do it all the time.:D

*****SPOILER*****

You'll lose all your weapons when you enter Hell anyway so don't be afraid to go nuts.

*****SPOILER END*****