Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[D3HoE]Makaveli

Sign the Doom Movie petition

Instead of people laughing and making fun of the petition maybe they should quit being mongs and help instead.

I'll sign it.

Melfice said:

Instead of people laughing and making fun of the petition maybe they should quit being mongs and help instead.

I'll sign it.

I thought you enjoyed movies regardless of whether they are good.

Fredrik said:

I thought you enjoyed movies regardless of whether they are good.

I said I enjoy movies instead of trying to find something wrong with them. In this case, it's not about the movie being good, it's about them fucking with the original story of Doom. For all I know it could be good with the changes they've made to the storyline, but I'd still like it to be more Doom-oriented.

We, the public, believe that the DooM movie has the ability to become a great movie as long as it holds true to certain aspects:

No we don't.

The movie will suck regardless of anything so I don't see the point in worrying about this at all.

Psyonisis said:

online petitions
hahahahahh

gatewatcher said:

Online petitions are a joke, plus they suck.

Man, online petitions are so goddamn funny

Fredrik said:

How exactly will the release of this movie change the original story of Doom?

God forbid one should want to watch a movie remake of a favorite game, and have it be faithful to the story at least. Damn them for wanting to have their cake and eat it too.

Anyway, this was slightly more verbose than the first draft of the petition, which basically called for "making stuff not suck".

1) Can you remember the last time an on-line petition actually worked? No, neither can I. If you really care that much, start a snail mail campaign - they actually work sometimes (e.g. Roswell got an extra season out of such a campaign).

2) For all you know, most if not all of the "leaked" plot details about Doom: the movie are nothing more than a hoax.

3) Considering this movie has already begun filming, major script rewrites at this stage are unlikely in the extreme.

Melfice said:

I'll sign it.

Like signing a stupid online petition will "help" anything.

Signed it just for fun, but i doubt this would do much. I can't recall an online petition being successful (except for maybe the idspispod one, but that's a loose theory). I doubt the movie will be great anyway

I also suspect this site to be a prank. If you view the sigs you get loads of spam and shit (well my computer is anyway).

Edit: Well it did have spam but now they've taken it off, along with 20 odd signatures including mine. Bah, can't be fucking bothered now.

wasn't the article about the doom movie in some dumb ass tabloid mag? if so you guys are too fucking easy! I mean come on, a store check out isle mag!

i don't know why they would be serious about those changes. one reason is that it would be very stupid and too much like RE or similar to a great number of other zombie movies. personaly i think it is a joke. maybe it was a sudgestion.

as far as the rating, has to be R. i mean come on its a mature rated game. either way the movie, no matter how it turns out, will most likly be fairly bad.

a good game that would make a good b movie is parasite eve, or parasite eve II. has all the makings of a classic B sci-fi horror movie.

[D3HoE]Makaveli said:
ID Software still has control over the movie and they check the internet/communities to see what they think of their shit.

If id really did have control over the movie, do you really think they would let all these major changes happen?

zarkyb said:

If id really did have control over the movie, do you really think they would let all these major changes happen?

That theory only stands up if the changes have happened. Considering who it was who told us about all these alleged changes (ignorant tabloid journalists who've probably never even played the games), it's amazing the number of people willing to jump on the gullibility bandwagon.

It's not as if there haven't been movies about portals to hell before - just look at Event Horizon.

I should create an online petition to stop people from making online petitions.

POTGIESSER said:

I should create an online petition to stop people from making online petitions.

Good Idea.I'll sign it.

A waste of time and effort - online petitions have never succeeded at doing anything but making people look like whiners.

So they're going to fire all the actors and stop production on this film-in-progress because some 15-year-old nerds on the interweb signed a web page.

Heh.

Mogul said:

So they're going to fire all the actors and stop production on this film-in-progress because some 15-year-old nerds on the interweb signed a web page.

I would.

Mogul said:

Heh.

Who said fire the actors and stop production?

Several minor issues, such as the BFG (Big F*ing Gun) now renamed to "Bio Force Gun." As well as all the great DooM Hellspawn such as the Pinky Demon, the Baron of Hell and several others being played by Human characters, and given uncreative names like "Pinky" and "Goat" and "Baron."

N E R D S ! ! !

There are people dying of hunger, disease and war across the globe, so why are you guys bitching about a dumb movie, that will probably never get released anyway.
Seriously; there is more in life than Doom.

...though not much...