Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ljdemon

Bring back the Originals

Recommended Posts

Does anyone else think the should remake some originals? To name a few of my favorites: Twisted Metal(the first) keep the exact story line but add in movies instead of captions- the sequals all sucked although Black wasn't bad, Rampage, Blood(had good potential). Just a few of them, mostly 90's games. Give me info and/or more orginals.

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Twisted Metal's comic book-ish endings were way better than any CGI.

Anyway, I'd prefer if developers spent time making new, original games rather than rehashing old ones. Though I would like to see some more sidescrollers these days akin to contra.

Share this post


Link to post

Alien Hominid, bitches.

Except you're the alien and you shoot up the FBI... Which makes it the coolest evar.

Share this post


Link to post

I think Apogee and Epic and the like should port their old DOS games to work on modern PCs. That would be total sex. But otherwise, nah. There aren't many games that should be remade.

Share this post


Link to post
Amaster said:

time making new, original games rather than rehashing old ones. Though I would like to see some more sidescrollers these days akin to contra.

Isn't it the truth?

Bring back the side scrollers - making something like Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project (but fancy with manual reloading?) would be nice to see.

It's just a matter of finding a good, badass concept and make sure the design rocks - simple task, I know :-P

Share this post


Link to post
Infinite Ammunition said:

they better damn well remake metal storm or at least put it in the gba classic series or whatever

I decided not to put Metal Storm on my flash cart because I'd probably end up hurling my GBA through a wall. I dont know how popular that game was though. So I dunno if nintendo would even bother porting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Danarchy said:

I think Apogee and Epic and the like should port their old DOS games to work on modern PCs. That would be total sex. But otherwise, nah. There aren't many games that should be remade.

YES YES YES YES YES

Share this post


Link to post
Amaster said:

I decided not to put Metal Storm on my flash cart because I'd probably end up hurling my GBA through a wall. I dont know how popular that game was though. So I dunno if nintendo would even bother porting it.


how much do flash carts cost on average these days? those things look pretty awesome

Share this post


Link to post

thats why i am glad the source for some older games has been released. like duke3d and ROTT. otherwise they would be lost to time. there are a great many classics we all wish to be back, but i fell i am not alone when i say i am ready for new classics.

Share this post


Link to post

Apogee game would be great as one of those TV conversions-- you know, like the ones with Atari games loaded into a one-button controller that plugs straight into the TV.

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldn't mind seeing any of the old Ultima games redone or ported, simply because I never did get to play them and the CD sits in my room as a coaster (the box being a stash box now).

Share this post


Link to post
ljdemon said:

Does anyone else think the should remake some originals? To name a few of my favorites: Twisted Metal(the first) keep the exact story line but add in movies instead of captions- the sequals all sucked although Black wasn't bad


I thought Black was easily the best in the series.I got it in July 2001 and I still play it on occasions.But I agree with you that TM 2, 3 and 4 were quite lame[esp. 3]

Share this post


Link to post
Danarchy said:

I think Apogee and Epic and the like should port their old DOS games to work on modern PCs. That would be total sex. But otherwise, nah. There aren't many games that should be remade.

Hell yeah!

Share this post


Link to post
Captain Red said:

well... I'd still like to see the first two metal gears remade.


I second that motion. I'm honestly surprised they haven't done that. We really didn't need a next gen remake of MGS. Are the two originals even playable, i.e., I have the roms but the games are a pain in the ass to play. Mebbe I'm just not 1337 enough for NES.

Share this post


Link to post

Nah, it's just that the d-pad on most gamepads sucks ass; you gotta go back to a gravis if you want decent gameplay, and if gravis isn't around, you're SOL if you have XP. I have '98 still, so using my Gravis pad isn't much of a problem. It's when it gets to SNES ROMS that you need a 6-button controller.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks to ScummVM it is now possible to play e.g. the Monkey Island games, the Indy games (Last Crusade / Fate of Atlantis), Sam 'n Max Hit the Road, and Day of the Tentacle flawlessly on a Win2000/XP system.

Why remake the originals when you can play them without hassle in their original glorious form? ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
DoomDan said:

I thought Black was easily the best in the series.I got it in July 2001 and I still play it on occasions.But I agree with you that TM 2, 3 and 4 were quite lame[esp. 3]


What!?!?! TM 2 was the only decent one in the series. Its the only one where the car handling actually worked.

Share this post


Link to post
bartwart said:

What!?!?! TM 2 was the only decent one in the series. Its the only one where the car handling actually worked.


I don't really remember TM 2 that much since I havent played it in about 6 years but Im positivly sure TM 3 and 4 sucked big time.I didnt really remember enjoying TM 2 all that much though do to its more Cartoony style.

Share this post


Link to post

A new Runabout game would rule, i think there was one on the Dreamcast and a crappy one on the PS2 that nobody bought, but a modern game more in the style of Runabout 2 would be cool, but with realistic vehicle damage right out of Stuntman or Driver 3, and actual physics to control the smashing of objects you ram into. And GT4 Graphics..

Of course, a game as fun as Runabout 2 could not be made anymore, cause obstensibly sensible people would all say "Wut? u ram a car wunce and it explode and you only scratch ur paint? GAY!", guess i'll just have to stick to the playstation original.

Also, another Colony wars game would be cool, with doom 3 graphics, but also returning to the spirit of the first colony wars, ie all the battles are in space, not over land, and you dont have to "buy upgrades" or "collect items", you get issued a ship (i would like to choose my ship on some levels though), shown the enemy, and go and blow them away. What would help would be more fighters on the screen, and also when your allied ships use thier 'phasers' on the enemy ships it actually damages them

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×