Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ljdemon

Scary but true.

Marilyn Manson is the greatest music composer of our time and is blamed for every adolescent crime, Hitler was the greatest world leader(although psycotic), some video games have been banned for it's violence or religious connection yet murdering convicts live in prison with cable tv for free and Catholic preists are molesting kids(and video games are bad?), and Evian Water cost 12 times more per gallon than gasoline.

How much more fucked up can we get? I'm sure it's endless.

I disagree with the first two. Marilyn Manson is pretty far from the greatest musician of our time (I don't know who would be though), but I would say he's probably the smartest person in the world of pop. I love seeing him on talk shows and the like. Hitler was very far from being the greatest leader ever. He was a horrible military strategist and obviously didn't care a wit about civil rights. Probably the only things he was good at politicaly were propaganda and economics. Some of the people I'd nominate instead for greatest world leader of all time would be Thomas efferson, Cathrine the Great, and Emperor Hadrian of Rome.

Also, printer ink is even more valuble than oil, drinking water, gold, or platnum.

Marilyn Manson is the greatest music composer of our time and is blamed for every adolescent crime

Opinion, not fact

Hitler was the greatest world leader(although psycotic)

Um, if he was so great then why did he lie to his followers and kill everyone in his way? He was all bullshit, there was nothing great about him except in his lies.

some video games have been banned for it's violence or religious connection yet murdering convicts live in prison with cable tv for free and Catholic preists are molesting kids(and video games are bad?)

No argument here

Evian Water cost 12 times more per gallon than gasoline.

Then drink regular water or cheaper bottled water. Ever heard of Target? Buy packs in bulk for around 80 cents a bottle.

insertwackynamehere said:

He was all bullshit, there was nothing great about him except in his lies.

That's not entirely true. Sure he was an awful man, but he was one of the greatest publics speakers of the 20th Century. Other than that, ya, you're right.

ljdemon said:

Marilyn Manson is the greatest music composer of our time

What? I'd hardly call him a composer...even then his best stuff was begat becasue reznor cradled his ass the whole way.

and is blamed for every adolescent crime

he is?

Stalin, Mao, Hirohito, the Khmer Rouge, and Palestinian extremists and all their followers all make the Nazis look like decent people.

And on that Evian water thing.....doesn't anybody else think that this whole "bottled water for sale" thing should just fade away? Honestly, it's the stupidest piece of marketing bullshit around. The only place they should ship and sell bottled water is in poor countries and areas where fresh water isn't availiable.

Quast said:

What? I'd hardly call him a composer...even then his best stuff was begat becasue reznor cradled his ass the whole way.

*a quote*

he is?

Very true.

Hitler sucked so bad, that 500 of his own nazis conspired to assassinate him, since they thought he was the reason for the war failing. He was only offense and had no clue what to do in defense. Unfortunately they screwed up their attempt and he was only minorly injured by a bomb. WWII could have ended a year or two earlier if they succeeded.

Relica Religia said:

Stalin, Mao, Hirohito, the Khmer Rouge, and Palestinian extremists and all their followers all make the Nazis look like decent people.

And on that Evian water thing.....doesn't anybody else think that this whole "bottled water for sale" thing should just fade away? Honestly, it's the stupidest piece of marketing bullshit around. The only place they should ship and sell bottled water is in poor countries and areas where fresh water isn't availiable.

How can you even start to compare a regime that murdered millions of people directly and indirectly to some dirt-poor people fighting for the right to not be second class citizens in their own country?

Umm, what?

Have you ever seen footage of Palestinian children who have been indoctrinated to believe that Israelis are the embodiment of evil? Seriously, you'd never believe how inhuman some of these people and children are. A lot of them are worse than adults.

They sing song and promote television shows about how good it is to be a suicide bomber, and how all Israelites should burn......and these kids are as young as three years old. They are taught to value being a martyr above everything else.

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. They make Nazi propaganda look timid.

And that's just the kids. The whole war over there is just wretching. I know the situation over there will probably never get better, but the measures taken by some over there is just obscenely mind-blowing.

They wouldn't want to be suicide bombers if the Israelis stopped killing their families and bombing their homes now would they?

Like I said, they don't "become" suicide bombers out of some warped necessity - they LOVE doing it.

If you know your history, you'll know that Palestine has done more damage to Israel than vice-versa.

I try to avoid the subject, becaue frankly, there is no real moral value between both countries' wars being waged against each other. There's so much blood on each other's hands that meaning is pretty much lost in it all. They both have legible reasons to fight, but it's so out of hand, it'll probably never end.

The thing that bugs me is that you seem to use Palestinian terror attacks which are essentially their only way of fighting occupation to condone the Israeli crimes against the Palestinian people. It doesn't work that way.

Hmm... Well, regarding Hitler, he was great at leading the masses, but this does not a great leader make. There is much more to leadership than unquestioning loyalty. Woop-de-doo, he exploited his people, slaughtered millions of Jews, and singlehandedly brought about World War II... Effective, yes, great, no.

Oh, side note, this is actually pretty funny, I think... Apparently the Christian Right wants the Jews in Israel in order to help bring about the Rapture. Seems it's one of the prerequisites for the Apocalypse. Really funny stuff, if you ask me. I mean, I know those people tend to be a bit nutty, but actually making an effort to bring about the end of the world? Now that's fucked up, in my opinion.

You may not like his music or him for that fact but look it up, Marilyn Manson IS a composer and yes he is blamed for adolscent crimes- primarily those who listen to him and do bad shit, parent will blame his music not their stupid kid. Watch the news, infact look up Columbine facts. Yes the bottled water should fade, it never should have existed. I'm not a fan of Hitler, but he was a great leader- and Jefferson?, none of our presidents could ever lead the world- even though they all think they can. America may be the top country to live in but we have no right sticking our faces in other countries- and nor does any country to us. Our political system is so full of shit.

geekmarine said:

Hmm... Well, regarding Hitler, he was great at leading the masses, but this does not a great leader make.

Fo course. But it's usually an ace-in-the-hole when it comes to pushing a singular agenda... and sometimes that's all you need. Really, you don't ever need to convince EVERYONE-- you only need to convince ENOUGH to get your idea far enough until it's deemed "too late" to change.

Consider the average Joe's opinion of what it means for the U.S. to pull out of Iraq at this very moment.

Mr. T said:

The thing that bugs me is that you seem to use Palestinian terror attacks which are essentially their only way of fighting occupation to condone the Israeli crimes against the Palestinian people. It doesn't work that way.

Oh please, he did not condone a damn thing - he didn't actually say: "Israelis are cool" or something like that.

He merely pointed out that Palestinean extremists are extremely big assholes (which they are - getting kids to kill themselves to nail a few of the extremists' enemies, while they themselves are sitting pretty is pretty much being an asshole in my book) - but that doesn't mean that he denied that the Isaelian aggressors (read: those that order the annihilation/oppression of the civilian Palestineans) are assholes either.

And just so you know, Palestinean extremists =! avarage Palestinean. We're talking a minority group here that does a lot of damage and give their own countrymen a bad rep in the process.

And I'd like to add: It's fun to kill Hitler in Wolf3d :-P

Relica Religia said:
Like I said, they don't "become" suicide bombers out of some warped necessity - they LOVE doing it.

Yeah, it's really fun... I usually go to supermarkets and theatres and blow myself up in front of people so we can all die horribly... it's a blast!

Suicide bombing only occurs against far superior forces, notably ones with nuclear weaponry. If not, then, yes, it must actually be fun or something. One would think there are more comfortable, effective and safe ways to attack other cutures or nations once you have the necessary capital and weaponry.

Currently in the world the hype about terrorist suicide bombing, or just bombing, has become very, very notorious. It has become something that shapes political and cutural behavior even when and where it barely happens, does not happen or has no chance of happening; especially since 9-11 and after the grotesque "model" built in Israel/Palestine due to the politico-racial and economic situation there.

Unless you believe in gods or demons whispering things into peoples' ears (or maybe just the standardized spamming media), you'll be able to look around and get a picture of how we get to these situations.

And, by the way, if they are going to invariably kill or main themselves in the process of attacking what they see as an enemy, then yes indeed will need heavier indoctrination, because if they were common soldiers with relatively proper equipment and support, they would have something to turn to after their business is done, and enough safety to not have go into extremes, however henious or even falsified their activity.

Palestinians have no sophisticated weaponry so creating fanaticism is their only means of attack. Israelites have recieved loads of US funding which had provided them with sophisticated armed forces including tanks, missles, & planes which has allowed them to mow down Palestinians with incredible ease. Where as the Palestinians use Guerilla and suicide bomber tatics. If the US didn't fund Israel, I suppose it would've been alot fairer playing field for the both. Both sides are convinced they own the whole region, so any peace agreement will always stay temporary.

You know, maybe I'm retarded, but why can't the Israelis and Palestinians just share the land? Nobody has to "own" the region. Just live together in peace. I can't think of any valid reason (other than hate and ignorance) why they have to have separate areas. But, like I said, maybe I'm just retarded and I'm thinking too simplistically here.

To them, land is a big deal. Way back when, that was how you knew you were going to survive; you owned land. That mindset hasn't really changed a whole lot.

DC

Thanks, DSM.

It surprises me that people just aren't tired of all that fighting for the last 55 years. Every summit or meeting and whatnot has ended in failiure from both Palestine and Israel. Sure you have your moral crusades, but nobody's going to be happy until you're either all dead or not dying at all. On paper, it's a simple choice, but in practise.....

The only matter I was trying to stroke on was the fact that it just seems better to these people to fight and die senselessley than to just stop the fighting altogether and live a normal life. They value being martyrs and suicide bombers over having any other kind of life, even if war wasn't occuring in their country. All the extremists over there value war over peace (and I've heard kids over there say those exact words, too).

I hate to tell you Relica, but this whole Israel/Palestine thing has been going on for well over two thousand years.

DC

Relica Religia said:

Umm, what?

Have you ever seen footage of Palestinian children who have been indoctrinated to believe that Israelis are the embodiment of evil? Seriously, you'd never believe how inhuman some of these people and children are. A lot of them are worse than adults.

They sing song and promote television shows about how good it is to be a suicide bomber, and how all Israelites should burn......and these kids are as young as three years old. They are taught to value being a martyr above everything else.

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. They make Nazi propaganda look timid.

And that's just the kids. The whole war over there is just wretching. I know the situation over there will probably never get better, but the measures taken by some over there is just obscenely mind-blowing.

And the Israeli kids are taught roughyl the same. you gotta remember that military induction starts at 14, and Sharon is one vile guy. You also have to remember that it's people like Sharon over the last 56 years of recent Israel's history that have created this mindset amongst not just the Palestinians, but the Arabs in general.

Anyway, Marilyn Manson's music sucks, but he's fucking brilliant as a social commentator. Hitler, IMO, was an incredible leader because he and his regime brought Germany out of a depression. Who cares about civil liberties if you can't afford a loaf of bread? But of course the cocksucker had to go and exterminate 6 million of my people, the fucking shitbag - with help from the Bush's, other affluent Americans and allegedly, even a handful of extremely wealthy Zionists - the B'nai Brith has been named in owning Nazi slave mines.

Anyway, you think the world is fucked now, it'll probably worse a year from now.