Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tmansdc

Where can I download Doomserv servers at?

Well, where can I? Plus, doomserv freezes whenever i click on one of the two servers i've download (the greenstrings and pickles servers). Can someone tell me why it freezes and where i can download extra servers from?

Typical response. You can't get it working so you assume it sucks... yeah that's smart. You have to OPEN THE PROGRAM, SELECT WASHINTON, TYPE IN YOUR NAME, then CLICK LOGIN! zdaemon/gamespy arcade don't let you have as much wad choice (no file transfer, unless I'm mistaken), and don't have as good of a chat program. Plus, the doomserv community has very few assholes... toke and soviet.

because it sucks.

damn, sh*t, who letted the dog out barking around! TGO has paid a lot of effort on building this doomserv community up, and now you people insult doomserv just because you cant get it work. At least TGO should deserve some credits for spending the valuable time on it.

>Problem: well it's probably because washington server was down at that time when you were trying to login. You might need to try it again some other time.

Damn right fraggle.
LET THE TRUTH BE SPOKEN!

You sir, are a follower. Fraggle has a right to say it sucks because he has tried it. heh. But you, have not. You are obviously following what the ops in #doom have to say to try and build your ego.

because it sucks.

Do we really need to go down this road once again??

DOOMSERV BITES.

USE ZDOOM AND GAMESPY ARCADE.

you pretty much lost all creitiablity when u mentioned the 'g' word... i wonder who has whored up the internet more, gamespy or x10?

Anyways..

The fact is vb sucks, not doomserv. However, the functionality of doomserv would be no different had it been programmed in c.. The main drawback of having it in VB is limited portablity. If someone wishs to code me a new one in another language.. then I'd use it.

Plus, the doomserv community has very few assholes... toke and soviet.

shouldnt you mention yourself in that list pickle?

Fraggle is one of the most intelegent people in the doom community, he knows how almost everything in doomserv works and knows how programs should be coded, so beleave him when he says doomserv sucks.

Cop and Pickle on the other hand are a couple of the stupidest people in the doom community. Listen to fraggle, not the morons.

99% of the doom projects are trash but doomserv is by far one of the worst, the coder has no idea what he is doing and refuses help.

DoomServ is the buggiest program I have ever used and not one function of doomserv was made correctly and functions properly. Its coded in visual basic, its extremly hackable, its worthless.

DoomServ is for morons that dont know how to use a command line or cannot find out there ip and are too stupid to recognize a bad program with security holes.

toke, how can you say it sucks when you spend like 20 hours a day on it? Maybe it does suck but I still like the doomserv community a lot better than others

Fraggle is one of the most intelegent people in the doom community, he knows how almost everything in doomserv works and knows how programs should be coded, so beleave him when he says doomserv sucks.

Fraggle isn't intelligent at all. He might be right about the *functionality of doomserv* does suck. He knows about programming, that's because he's a technical maniac who sits/stays and idle on irc/comp 24 hours every day, plus his career is maybe also a technical job too.

Cop and Pickle on the other hand are a couple of the stupidest people in the doom community. Listen to fraggle, not the morons.

Now you call me i'm a moron because i go on doomserv. Let me make this clear and straight, shouldn't you mention yourself in the list too. Toke, don't forget that you have used doomserv before, since 4.0(or even earlier) and till now it's 5.0 . Fod, charlotte, blunt, bone, slug, chew, sov, and everyone else whoever go on doomserv aren't retarded. It's only because we have our rights to choose our own preference to decide what to use. It's just the same theory like why do you people have to be so quakish using mouselook and such.

99% of the doom projects are trash but doomserv is by far one of the worst, the coder has no idea what he is doing and refuses help.

DoomServ is the buggiest program I have ever used and not one function of doomserv was made correctly and functions properly. Its coded in visual basic, its extremly hackable, its worthless.

DoomServ is for morons that dont know how to use a command line or cannot find out there ip and are too stupid to recognize a bad program with security holes.

It might be buggy as hell. However, tgo should deserve some credits for it at least for what he has been done that spending his own time and vb knowledge on it. I'm curious why does Tgo refuse to ask help though, and I don't see tgo around much. Hopefully he'll change his mind to turn to help, and maybe someone would help reborn doomserv and bring us back all the fun we used to have.

Yes...Doomserv does have its glitches and bugs and such, just like CSDoom and Zdaemon and other Doom 'clients'. Doomserv is good for 1 on 1 games. Anyway...I heard there's a new DoomServ version coming out with some of the bugs fixed and new features...anybody know the latest on this?

Fraggle isn't intelligent at all. He might be right about the *functionality of doomserv* does suck. He knows about programming, that's because he's a technical maniac who sits/stays and idle on irc/comp 24 hours every day, plus his career is maybe also a technical job too.

Wouldn't that make him extremely intelligent concerning things such as this? You are obviously the one that isn't intelligent at all.

Feh.

my, how toke's opinion changes... http://fraggle.despayre.org:81/stuffage/flamewars/doomserv/
from week to week its something else.. utterly amazing.

Anyways,

DoomServ is for morons that dont know how to use a command line or cannot find out there ip

Then do us all a favor, and take your 1337 ass somewhere else. I've launched doom on more platforms then u can name; The problem with that is finding ppl to play... Which is the key function of DoomServ, finding ppl to play.

So toke, take all of of years of l337 programming skillz(roughly .000002)and make me a better doomserv. I'll be happy to use it once its out.

Wouldn't that make him extremely intelligent concerning things such as this? You are obviously the one that isn't intelligent at all.

No, obviously i'm not cuz i'm not a computer maniac, or i would have created a new version of doomserv already