Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Silverwyvern

What I've been doing

Sure. If you go to my website cindymccluskey.com and click on 'Pet art' it will show you the pets I've drawn (some were ust sketches for some friends)

The two that have been painted for print were the one here and cindymccluskey.com/diego.jpg

I have an order for three more parrot portraits that I'm working on right now. (I do alot of parrots.. heh) Doing some eclectus, lovebirds, and indian ringnecks atm.

After that I'll be able to do some more fantasy. Eventually, I'll set my site up for selling prints, if anyone is interested.

Hee-hee. Those are too cute. I love how you have parrot designs on the bowls in the teo that you posted. Kind of an easter egg.

Yaarrrrgggghhh, a real pirate parrot!

Nice piece.
If there's something a little off about it, the thing I noticed is that the feather-lines on the tail are a little on the weak side. They seemed a bit too washed-out. It could also use a little more detail to the fur around its head and chest.

Maybe it's me, but the head seems a bit big too - but then, I don't know much about parrot anatomy and I don't know if we're dealing with a full-grown parrot here or not.

But I love the colours - good work on those.

dsm said:

Yaarrrrgggghhh, a real pirate parrot!

Nice piece.
If there's something a little off about it, the thing I noticed is that the feather-lines on the tail are a little on the weak side. They seemed a bit too washed-out. It could also use a little more detail to the fur around its head and chest.

Maybe it's me, but the head seems a bit big too - but then, I don't know much about parrot anatomy and I don't know if we're dealing with a full-grown parrot here or not.

But I love the colours - good work on those.

Yeah they have pretty big heads.. it's a Hahn's Macaw if you wanna check. Heres a small photo: http://www.plannedparrothood.com/y2000show/bigeaglebobbi.jpg

As for not enough detail, I was going for a caricature simplified look rather than a photo realisitic image. The tail is washed out a bit though, I agree. No changing it now.. been paid for and long mailed.

Cute little parrots. Visuals-wise i quite like both of them. I agree on the comment on the tail, but i'm bothered much about that.

Took a look at your site. Nice stuff there too.