Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ljdemon

GOTY

The Game of the Year awards should be carefully chosen- infact, there should be a goty award for each genre. Right now I beleive it's a bit inaccurate. Biggest debates were GTA SA and Halo 2, seperate genres of the gaming world. Halo is SHOOTER, GTA SA is actually a couple different one rolled up, but it remains mostly ACTION/RACING(yes racing, look it up). Fable would have won RPG GOTY if they were all seperated. But hey who knows, maybe I'm just rambling about nothing instead of getting somewhere.

What are you talking about? GOTY "awards" are haphazardly tossed out by various gaming magazines.

I really hope GTA doesn't get it. It's not a bad game, but I just don't think it's something that deserves the GOTY award... But if it's Spike TV than I wouldn't be suprised.

DoomDan said:

Spike TV sucks.Who cares what games they give awards to.

Oh my word, don't mention that.

I heard "Game of the year show" and I thought "oh well, this'll be cool". Biggest mistake. The first 20 minutes was full of one no-name rapper after another. It had nothing to do with games, and I doubt those people even played games before. They have like "Special guest Some person who has nothing to do with games!" If they are going to have a game award show, they should at least have some people who work with games or computers or consoles, not a bunch of guys screaming into mics with a crowd of teenager girls screaming.

That had the least ammount of anything to do with games, ever.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Oh my word, don't mention that.

I heard "Game of the year show" and I thought "oh well, this'll be cool". Biggest mistake. The first 20 minutes was full of one no-name rapper after another. It had nothing to do with games, and I doubt those people even played games before. They have like "Special guest Some person who has nothing to do with games!" If they are going to have a game award show, they should at least have some people who work with games or computers or consoles, not a bunch of guys screaming into mics with a crowd of teenager girls screaming.

That had the least ammount of anything to do with games, ever.

Im thankful that I didnt watch it.

ljdemon said:

Fable would have won RPG GOTY if they were all seperated.

No way. Everquest II, Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy XI would all have beaten it hands down. I'm not saying any of these games better (the only I've even played is FFX-2), but IMHO far more people would have voted for them than Fable. Knights of the Old Republic 2, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, and possibly X-Men Legends would have given it a good run for its money too.

niguel said:

morrowind goty was one of the best things to happen in my gaming-addicted life.

Hell yes.

niguel said:

Goddamn right.

niguel said:

Absolutely. Morrowind is the best RPG ever. I can't wait for Morrowind IV: Oblivion to come out!

Classic Doom should have won every year since 1993 in the First Person Shooter genre. Seriously. It has a nice modern feel to it, even today, but instead of all this "you have to do 1294810384903184 quests to get the obscure blue key" bullshit, it sticks to fast-paced action. Like Action Doom.

Morrowind is pretty darned fun and explorative, but the controls and player movement are positively archaic, as in 80's style obsolete.