Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoooMaster

Hudmessage Scripting Problems-Zdoom

Ok, I'm making a wad specifically for zdeamon deathmatch (zdoom) with a pwad that replaces weapons and hud with doom3 style content. I've just started with the TITLEPIC, HELP, etc. and on to the hud right now. I've eliminated the marine's mug, ammo supply, and status bar background - leaving health, armor, ammo, and frags.

The problem is the status bar is pasted from doom3 and fits but the rectangles (from doom3)in the hud that contain health, armor, etc. values are seperated on each side, which leaves it difficult to have the numbers organized the way they are already. What I'm trying to say is that I don't know how to move the health, etc. values to seperate within the hud and fit in the rectangles, and want to know how.

I've tried looking for answers but the best I can come up with is that you need ACS scripting with a HUDMESSAGE command to move each value with xy coordinates but I don't know exactly what scripting phrases I'm supposed to use (I use XWE btw).

Is this in fact true? If yes, can anyone suggest any info, thnx.

DoooMaster said:

What I'm trying to say is that I don't know how to move the health, etc. values to seperate within the hud and fit in the rectangles, and want to know how.

That's not possible, as far as I know.

DoooMaster said:

I've tried looking for answers but the best I can come up with is that you need ACS scripting with a HUDMESSAGE command to move each value with xy coordinates but I don't know exactly what scripting phrases I'm supposed to use (I use XWE btw).

Information about hudmessage can be found in the ZDoom wiki: http://www.zdoom.org/wiki/index.php?title=HudMessage
The problem is that the ACS code has to be applied to each level, so you can't use it in existing ones.

Ok, since the time I wanted to know about moving my hud, I chose an alternate path. You know when you zoom out until the health pack and current ammo your using represent your status? Well I modified those sprites and aligned it to become those 'rectangles' I keep referring to. I have what I wanted, but people have to play at that level of zoom; Do you know if there is a scripting parameter to load the wad at that zoom level by default? Thnx.

DoooMaster said:

...I have what I wanted, but people have to play at that level of zoom; Do you know if there is a scripting parameter to load the wad at that zoom level by default? Thnx.

I think, the guys of "Cold as Hell" also rely on this zoom level. If you change it, there is a nasty message in the middle of the screen, constantly telling you to go back in to max zoom mode.

And "Cold as Hell" is also started with max zoom.
Make a batch file, starting your game with:
"zdoom.exe -config blah.ini"

where blah.ini is a config file, where you've previously selected max zoom.

I don't know which ini-entry is responsible for the zoom, though. You have to find it yourself.

Ok, I will have an .ini with the wad, but because its for zdaemon deathmatch could people launch with these files? I was thinking maybe people could download a zip with the .wad, .ini, and a url off my website and use the url feature to connect to my zdaemon server, partially cause i cant seem to advertise the server on the master list. Any suggestions if there is an easier way?

Found the .ini line for zoom level:
[GlobalSettings]
screenblocks=11

10 is max with status bar,
11 is only numbers and sprites in zdoom (what i use)