Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_2er

Doom Collector's edition and dos question

Hello, I just got the Doom Collector's edition. It's great and I am very happy. But it only has doom95.exe on it. Ok, I will use zdoom and zdaemon for winxp play. But would it be legal to run this doom ce on an ms-dos machine? Are there .exe (including ipxsetup and sersetup.exe) files available anywhere legally so that I can play this doom ce package on ms-dos? To sum up, my question is can I play this doom ce on ms-dos and would it be legal? Thank you.

The iwads in CE are identical to those in the DOS version. The shareware DOS exe can be downloaded for free, and is identical to the exe that originally came with Doom2. I don't see any legal reason why you shouldn't use the two of them together.

I mean is it legal to download the .exes from that nice link you gave me? Because the shareware exe does not support the ultimate doom fourth episode.

These are files you would have had if you had bought your copy of Doom before a certain date, so I don't see a problem.

Also, recall that the upgrade from registered Doom 1.9 to Ultimate Doom is a free download too.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help, I mean I really, really appreciate it. Thanks again, that solved a very nasty problem that I've been worrying about. :)